IGNORED

Combat II Cartridges

ziggystar

Also I have never been able to enjoy the 5200 until recently because of the crappy controllers

I have not bought it yet as I have no working controller for the 5200, much less two.

OK guys, listen UP! I've had a standing offer available for 5200 controller exchange/repair here on AA for quite some time. I've done some business with a bunch of great people here who all were VERY HAPPY with the deal they got from me. Send me 1 complete (no missing parts) but non-working 5200 stick + $25 and you will get back 1 completely rebuilt stick (new rev 9 circuit , 2 new triple dot fire buttons, and a new Start/Pause/Reset pad). Your joystick will be calibrated and tested and will arrive to you in perfect working condition. The $25 also includes your return Priority shipping with confirmation. How can you go wrong? :wink: I also have rebuilt ones for direct sale, which I can do for better than my normal eBay prices, and 5200 joystick repair kits too. I can also do a completely cashless transaction like a 3 for 1 exchange. Please PM if you have any interest in these offers, as there is no need to suffer along with crappy controllers any more!!! :!: :D 8)

OK guys, listen UP!  ...

Thanks anyway MrRetroGamer. I already have a solution .. I have made an interface box that allows me to plug a PC controller and the 2600 keyboard into the 5200.

I may be making and selling these at the Atariage store.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

It sounds like you are almost making a Masterplay Interface. Why not allow the 5200 controller to be plugged in and use it's keybad, along with a PC controller? How many people own a 2600 keyboard anyway? I don't.

Me either...is that the one that came with Star Raiders or whatever?

I have been working on a PSX controller mod for the 5200, no luck though...lol..I might post some pics of the Dr. Frankestein type stuff I've done to my poor PSX controllers along the way...all in the name of science! lol

Mock :D

Congrats on selling out your Combat II carts, I didn't get one though :x That sucks, Oh well, I'll just have to order one off Ebay if it ever pops up, or hope for a second run.

As for controllers, I have no cash at the moment to afford controllers (or games for that matter) and that's just the fault of the econimy so I can't get a better paying job, or one with more hours :(

Please please please make more; I would like to get a Combat II also!  I'd been "meaning to order one" for about a month now, but I had no idea it was such a limited run until I read about it today!

Ditto for me, plus I was waiting to see what PC4 carts they'd have. *sigh*

I just got my Combat 2 in today...very nice and I like the Gold label! Constructive criticism...you should have printed the manuals up on heavy high gloss paper and used a color photocopier...would have been a lot nicer...but just the fact it has a nicely done manual is good enough....very pleased with it....awesome game!!!

Mock

Glad you liked it. Irata's Quest will have a much nicer manual and a box this time. Irata's quest takes a special hand made hardware in order to work so I'm not sure how many I will make.

I'm just guessing, but will Irata's Quest be our first 5200 homebrew that exceeds 32K?

What about a multi-level game with each level being a "game". So you could skip through the levels if you want without a save. You know what I mean? Like the 2600 games like Telegames that has several games on one cart in essence. Might be kinda cool...you beat one level you just go to the next game...might save some space also..

Mock