IGNORED

Millipede proto found

gambler172

How about continuing to work on it until it truly is Millipede?

You already have HSC support - which the original 7800 Centipede also has - but what about throwing in the Trak-Ball code from Centipede-TB? [as long as you get permission to use that code].

POKEY detection would be helpful; I'm assuming one could lift the POKEY audio from the 5200 version.

Then you'd have Trak-Ball, HSC, POKEY and co-op mode for Millipede. That would be frikkin' sweet.

• Like 1

You already have HSC support - which the original 7800 Centipede also has - but what about throwing in the Trak-Ball code from Centipede-TB? [as long as you get permission to use that code].

POKEY detection would be helpful; I'm assuming one could lift the POKEY audio from the 5200 version.

Then you'd have Trak-Ball, HSC, POKEY and co-op mode for Millipede. That would be frikkin' sweet.

OK here is the Trackball Version.....Blue did it ;)

Enjoy

MILLIPEDE_TBALL_3F89.bin

Millipede_TBALL_16K.a78

• Like 2

OK here is the Trackball Version.....Blue did it ;)

Enjoy

attachicon.gifMILLIPEDE_TBALL_3F89.bin

attachicon.gifMillipede_TBALL_16K.a78

Awesome. Thanks, Gambler and Blue.

Has anyone ordered a custom cartridge of this from Albert yet? What about a cartridge label?

Strangely enough, when I look back over the years a number of high profile "protos" have been leaked on April 1st. I got done reading the Sirius and Plutos thread last night, where real awesome vintage games were released, and likewise for the "fake proto" of Pacman Jr, which I had the awesome opportunity to experience curtesy of PMP. Any game, proto or homebrew, is good to have. While I know Millipede has it's fans, you really need to go all out with the rework, and make it the truly unique sequel to it's predecessor, like the original arcade was. Like CGG did with Ms Pacman. I hope to hear back soon with results. Thanks for tackling this project! ;-)