IGNORED

Cybermorph spot the difference

LinkoVitch

Actually Cybermorph is the only Black shell cart I have.  The rest of my games...(small collection keep this in mind..) all have the dark grey shells.  And from what I remember, all of mine have the Atari Fuji and name logo stamped on the back.

But then, I thought all the Cybermorph carts were in black shells?

:?

Not really. Every "black shell" cart I can think of also came as a nice Jaguar grey colored shells!

Actually Cybermorph is the only Black shell cart I have.  The rest of my games...(small collection keep this in mind..) all have the dark grey shells.  And from what I remember, all of mine have the Atari Fuji and name logo stamped on the back.

But then, I thought all the Cybermorph carts were in black shells?

:?

If all the Cybermorphs are in black shells then I've got nothing but black-shelled carts - I have both the 2MB and 1MB versions of Cybermorph and they're the same colour as all my other carts. I'm just curious, because I've never seen a grey cart :) They're also listed on the cart variations FAQ, so it would be nice to add them if variations exist.

Stone

The black shelled Cybermorph is most definately a darker black then all other Jag carts, the others are really dark grey, like the Jag itself!

some trevor mcfur carts are like this too, the early ones...

The black shelled Cybermorph is most definately a darker black then all other Jag carts, the others are really dark grey, like the Jag itself!

some trevor mcfur carts are like this too, the early ones...

OK, well, I still can't tell unless I have one of each :) Will have to wait for JagFest...

Stone

If all the Cybermorphs are in black shells then I've got nothing but black-shelled carts - I have both the 2MB and 1MB versions of Cybermorph and they're the same colour as all my other carts. I'm just curious, because I've never seen a grey cart :) They're also listed on the cart variations FAQ, so it would be nice to add them if variations exist.

Stone

If you hold the shell next to the Jaguar case and it's the same shade of color then they are grey. The black shells match the color of the Jag power supply. Notice the console is a little more grey than the power supply?

Happy Easter!

Stone

If you hold the shell next to the Jaguar case and it's the same shade of color then they are grey. The black shells match the color of the Jag power supply. Notice the console is a little more grey than the power supply?

Yeah, that's a very good description :)

Interestingly all my versions (i have very few) of Cybermorph are -02 versions in gray shells. But when i saw the pictures on page 1, i thought:

"Wow, these are black shells!", i always had the impression that the black shells were used for the early releases, while the gray were used later (the photos show -02 and -03 versions, i even didn't knew that there were -03 versions).

And btw: I think i do have only one shell without the "Atari" in the rear-shell.

Regards

Matthias

A little off topic, but I have a copy of Aircars in a grey shell. Every other one I have seen is in a black shell. Anyone else got the grey shell?? It might have something to do with aquiring the cart 8 months before it was released? :D And therefore I assuem not built by ICD?? Any ideas??

Gaztee

:twisted:

Cybermorph is the only black cart right? Maybe only the first 50,000 copies of Cybermorph.

It seems that the majority of the 3rd party games are the ones without the Atari logo. The ones published by TWI, 21st Century, Williams, Telegames, 4Play, etc. My copy of Syndicate has the Atari logo though and that was published by Ocean.

Cybermorph is the only black cart right? Maybe only the first 50,000 copies of Cybermorph.

It seems that the majority of the 3rd party games are the ones without the Atari logo. The ones published by TWI, 21st Century, Williams, Telegames, 4Play, etc. My copy of Syndicate has the Atari logo though and that was published by Ocean.

Hi!

Have looked through parts of my stuff and found this:

1) My BrutalSports and TowersII (both Telegames?) come in gray shells but without "Atari" at the rear.

2) More interesting: Was able to compare two T2K -002 cards:

They share the same shade of gray (--> the standard "gray"), but the shell of one of it looks different fromt the other gray shells:

The surface is more rough, and at the sides (were you can see remains of the injection-process) it looks different too, also at the front shell, where those many horizontal lines are below the label, the last line is much far off from the egde than on the standard gray shells.

Regards

Matthias

2) More interesting: Was able to compare two T2K -002 cards:

They share the same shade of gray (--> the standard "gray"), but the shell of one of it looks different fromt the other gray shells:

The surface is more rough, and at the sides (were you can see remains of the injection-process) it looks different too, also at the front shell, where those many horizontal lines are below the label, the last line is much far off from the egde than on the standard gray shells.

My T2K cart is different like this too...the rougher surface makes it look a slightly different shade of grey to the other carts, though it's the same colour plastic (just reflects light differently). The sides are also missing the two small round indentations where the clips that hold the shell together are, as well.

Stone

"What list? Is that supposed to be all the black ones? I don't see T.Mcfur and my copy is black...never mind...I found that link while scrolling up looking for the "list." "

Yeah my trevor mc was also black, i dont have a list.Yeah the clear battlesphere one.To bad i couldnt buy one still, or else i own that one to.