IGNORED

River Raid III: Does anyone have this game?

sku_u

I have several versions of River Raid, all hacks, numbered River Raid 1-4. Some of the hacks are more playable than others.

Interestingly, I haven't seen a pirate of the real River Raid 3 before.

I've never heard rumors of River Raid 3. It would be interesting to see what direction they would go, after successfully although not enjoyably going the 3D route with RR2...

Considering River Raid is my all-time favorite Atari 2600 game, I'm a bit interested in the hacks too. Can somebody relate what was changed in each hack?

Oh, and there was a River Raid 3 for SNES in development. I remember seeing a picture of it in some game mag such as GamePRo, around 1990-1992. It showed a jet flying upwards through a top-down city w/skyscrapers. The game evidently got scrapped by whomever was developing it. I'd like to see a picture of it again.

Bermuda (Quelle & other Companies) is too a hack from River Raid. No Walls, only some ice mountains.  :D

Now there's one I actually have. I'll have to boot it up and do a comparison.

I too love both River Raid and River Raid 2 and would like to know what differences exist amongst the hacks. Perhaps a screenshot comparison if possible?

I too love both River Raid and River Raid 2 and would like to know what differences exist amongst the hacks.  Perhaps a screenshot comparison if possible?

:idea: If you use CloneSpy you will find plenty of RR hacks:

Bermuda, Ground Zero, Galaga, Harbor Escape and several hacks without a new name.

Why don't you check yourself using an emulator? :?

I have a river raid III, it got a quell-type label on it. It is totally different from either RRI or RRII, in RRIII you control a surface ship which is dropping torpedoes on submarines travelling at different depths. It's actually very very good.

I am trying to get round to building an interface for my eprom reader so I can read 2600 carts. When I do I'll post a rom if anyone's interested.

I have a river raid III, it got a quell-type label on it. It is totally different from either RRI or RRII, in RRIII you control a surface ship which is dropping torpedoes on submarines travelling at different depths. It's actually very very good.  

I am trying to get round to building an interface for my eprom reader so I can read 2600 carts. When I do I'll post a rom if anyone's interested.

Yes, I'd be interested. I'd also buy it or trade for it if you want. PM me if you want to do a trade.