IGNORED

Intellivision Demo Cart (I've never seen one like it before.)

Hi all. Just registered today because of a CRAZY find I stumbled across. (I generally collect Nintendo, but I couldn't pass this up.)

I got this from a 60 year old autistic man with an old Intellivision collection. 1979 engraved into the game. Legit.

I can't find any other cartridge like this online. I don't even know where to BEGIN figuring out it's value... it may be priceless. I know blue copies sell for several hundred *without* the box, and I can't find a photo of this one anywhere at all.

Can anyone help me? I'm holding onto it until I can sell it to a collector that will pay for it's rarity.

-V

post-42584-0-08670400-1433047076_thumb.jpg

post-42584-0-34270300-1433047084_thumb.jpg

post-42584-0-31556800-1433047160_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vahn421
  • Like 2

That's a great find! It's a later version of the demo cart from 1979.

If you have a scanner, I'd be quite happy if you could send me scans of the box front and back and the label. :D

EDIT: I do have a page listing it, but don't have the images.

Edited by intvsteve

If you're looking for super-high quality pictures, I'd be inclined to go to Fed-Ex tomorrow to get some scans done.

I would love to discuss in PM's what kind of offer you'd be making based on level of aesthetic qualities. I know this is super, super rare so I'm no rush to sell, but I'll be honest in saying I *do* intend to sell it and profit as much as possible off of it. I find patience plus honesty generally pays off, both literally and metaphorically. ;)

Random, but I find your 11:11 reply amusing.

-V

I'll get some super high res-photos taken every which way I can imagine and post them tomorrow.

I would classify the game and the box somewhere between, "very good." and, "excellent." There is a tiny smudge here, a dent there, etc....

The top HAS been opened, though the game can't come out that way. (And therefore it's probably the most aesthetically unsavory part.) It's a gatefolding box. There are a few tiny TINY white spote on the back of the box in the red area where the instructions are.

Interested in all high-low ends based on aesthetic quality in the meantime via PM. Of course, all offers will remain between me and you. ^^

-V

9 minutes into AA before selling your wares? :roll: How about keeping it, getting a system to have some fun on and joining in with the community instead?

If you read the first post, he says he has no interest in the Intelivision as he collects for Nintendo. If I got lucky enough to find a Intelivision demo cart I'd do the same thing....sell it to a collector who will treasure and appreciate it for what it is.

If you read the first post, he says he has no interest in the Intelivision as he collects for Nintendo. If I got lucky enough to find a Intelivision demo cart I'd do the same thing....sell it to a collector who will treasure and appreciate it for what it is.

You mean, to another speculator who will jack up the price and pass it forward? :roll:

Anyway, if the intention is to give it to a collector who will "treasure and appreciate it," then sell it to me. I want it for the sake of owning it because I admired those carts in the store when I was a child. I'll give you a reasonable $10.00 for it, since it is not even playable.

Amusing, yes!

I'm a capitalist, after all.

-V

To each his own, but let's just call it what it is and dispense with the platitudes of "sell it to a collector that will treasure and appreciate it."

P.S. Being a capitalist and having a hobby that brings joy for its own sake are not mutually exclusive, just so you know. ;)

Edited by DZ-Jay