Violet: 7

[portal #6]

Pink: 8

[portal #7]

END

Total enemy ships: 35

Maximum possible score: (35x5)+(7x10)=245

Correction!!

I didn't realize it, but if you miss a portal, then you do the wave again with the energy you have.

So you can "stay" on a level until your energy gets low.

Therefore, there is NO MAXIMUM number of enemies or score.

Edited by MoomUnit
  • Like 2

I concur with all of the scores so far, except for Scrabbler15 (in order to get 12 kills, you have to go through 3 portals).

(K/P) denotes number of kills and portals. Multiply K x 5 and P x 10 and add results.

--------------------------------------------------------------

karokoenig (25/5) = 175 points [LT rank]

Scrabbler15, Gorfy, MoomUnit (12/3) = 90 points [3 chevrons]

StanJr (6/2) = 50 points [2 chevrons]

S.BAZ (3/1*) = 25 points [1 chevron] *not shown, but you have to go through (at least) one portal to get three kills

Since the recent discovery of being able to "stay" on a level, it is critical that the color of the screen is noted; it cannot be assumed from the number of kills.

We'll assume that Scrabbler15's border is orange (for his 90 points) and that S.BAZ's border was gray (for his 25 points).

Edited by MoomUnit
  • Like 1

Star Voyager: 220 ADM (30/7)

(30 kills x 5) + (7 portals x 10) = 150 + 70 = 220

There we go. First to reach Admiral rank.

Wow! I didn't think anybody would get that far. Congratualtions :thumbsup:

Do you look mostly at the small radar screen or do you rely more on the general viewer?

Edited by Gorfy

Wow! I didn't think anybody would get that far. Congratualtions :thumbsup:

Do you look mostly at the small radar screen or do you rely more on the general viewer?

Thanks!

It depends on what I'm trying to do at the moment, but in general I look at the main viewer when I'm trying to shoot enemies (they find their way into my path), and at the radar when I'm trying to avoid enemies or find the star portal.

nice work figuring out that scoring guys! looks like you all got it figured out. apologies, it looks like Jake & I've both been pretty busy the past week. I've been slammed with work but things will be back to normal for me starting tomorrow.

I know i never passed through a portal for my 3pt. score, so my total must be 15

I've got a new score but the pic isn't with me at the moment so I have no idea what it is so it has to wait.

you'd think they would have added a little math code in there -- ?? to give you your score at the end. anyway I'm glad we got to play this game.

I think this means 105 (15*3 + 30)?

attachicon.gifP1020955.JPG

15 kills. Orange border = 3 portals.

(15 x 5) + (3 x 10) = 75 + 30 = 105, but yes, that's a correct score.

And since your score is in the 80-111 point range, you get 3 chevrons for your rank.

Edited by MoomUnit
  • Like 1

23 (I can't follow the math this week, so maybe someone can tell me what my score is. I think the screen was pink when I died, hard to tell in the photo)

You have 23 kills, and a pink screen means 6 portals.

(23 x 5) + (6 x 10) = 115 + 60 = 175.

And since your score is in the 144-175 point range, you get LT rank.

Score: 106 kills x 5 = 530 PLUS all portals =70 points for a total of: Star Voyager - 600 points

What?! Holy cow.

How on earth do you manage to kill 106 ships, when you only have enough energy to shoot 693 shots?

And that's assuming you don't take a single hit for the entire game.

I don't wanna call "shenanigans", but I think this needs some explanation.

Score: 106 kills x 5 = 530 PLUS all portals =70 points for a total of: Star Voyager - 600 points

Rollage at 99 back to 0 pic...

18094221703_8e4186058e_m.jpg

Then finally rolled it to kill 6 more for total of 106 before entering final portal with Admiral status.

18717333991_b75b3f6aca_m.jpg

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

What?! Holy cow.

How on earth do you manage to kill 106 ships, when you only have enough energy to shoot 693 shots?

And that's assuming you don't take a single hit for the entire game.

I don't wanna call "shenanigans", but I think this needs some explanation.

693 shots? I have no idea what you mean by that (energy?). I noticed that I wasn't getting hits on ships when they were in my "crosshair" markings. I seemed to hit ships better when they were left or right of center (even a great distance from center but along the 'equator'). Then I noticed you can kill ships that are off the screen a little. That way, I wasn't getting hit by direct hits by enemy bullets etc. At one point, I hit a ship and missile just off the right side of the screen (maybe together? because I saw saw two explosion graphics along right side ) and then it triggered something. The next ships (all) that spawned came straight out of the starfield - not swirling - just straight out. Started as a red dot and grew larger. They were easily killed (I would line them up just to the right of my crosshair hashmark and shoot - 1st shot seemed to come from right) before they could get off any shot...so I ran with it! To get to over 100 I had to NOT enter the portal for the last few and get more ships/points. Then after I rolled it after 99 and entered the last portal to end game.

693 shots? I have no idea what you mean by that (energy?). I noticed that I wasn't getting hits on ships when they were in my "crosshair" markings. I seemed to hit ships better when they were left or right of center (even a great distance from center but along the 'equator'). Then I noticed you can kill ships that are off the screen a little. That way, I wasn't getting hit by direct hits by enemy bullets etc. At one point, I hit a ship and missile just off the right side of the screen (maybe together? because I saw saw two explosion graphics along right side ) and then it triggered something. The next ships (all) that spawned came straight out of the starfield - not swirling - just straight out. Started as a red dot and grew larger. They were easily killed (I would line them up just to the right of my crosshair hashmark and shoot - 1st shot seemed to come from right) before they could get off any shot...so I ran with it! To get to over 100 I had to NOT enter the portal for the last few and get more ships/points. Then after I rolled it after 99 and entered the last portal to end game.

Since each shot takes 1 energy, then you have enough to shoot 99 shots on each level. There are 7 levels, so that's 693 shots.

Thanks for explaining how you got to 106. It certainly sounds like you triggered some kind of glitch, but I can't fault you for that.

I daresay that record will stand for a while. ;-)

I'll just have to hope for 2nd place this week! :grin:

Your explanation also highlights my main criticism of this game, and that is I still have no idea what makes a good shot that will result in a kill.

Sometimes I shoot five or six shots that look accurate, and feel on-target, but they all miss.

And then, I'll shoot some crap shot and it kills the enemy ship.

It seems that it's best to fire when the enemy is in the path of your torpedo shots, rather than in the crosshairs.