IGNORED

9918A demos

Asmusr

Here is compilation disk of my demos for the 9918A VDP. Most of them are old but there is also a new one (Sports) that some of you might have seen on YouTube.

I have used BOOT for the menu and also added an XB loader for BOOT. If you don't know BOOT please note that you need to press space to go to the next menu page.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/wLJrYrySBQ4

Rasmus 9918A demos.dsk

• Like 7

Dig the Chariots of Fire music soundtrack to go with it!

Thanks. Here is the music module file I made (chariots3, has to be unzipped) and the editor (mod2psg2 v.2.05 for Windows). Please try it out. It does not require any programming, just open the file and see how easy it is to get better sound on the TI than the usual beeps.

After you make your music all you have to do is to export it as VGM and use Tursi's converter to make it playable on the TI. Please ask if you have any questions.

AsmUsr

Mod2PSG2.zip

chariots3.zip

• Like 2

I loaded it and played it... kinda of nice!

Now I have to admit, I do not remember the name of Tursi's converter... what program am I looking for?

After that, what program do I use to get it to get the converted MOD's to play on the TI?

The converter (actually compressor) is here:

http://www.harmlesslion.com/cgi-bin/onesoft.cgi?130

It does require some programming to play back the compressed file on the TI. I thought Tursi had made an automatic tool to convert a compressed file into an executable TI player, but it turns out that this was for the previous player (the espgmod player). So you need a bit of assembly or c code to call the player routine.

Yeah, sorry, I never got around to making a standalone player app. :/ I won't have time in the near future, but maybe someone else can be bribed to. ;)

I never saw the SPORTS demo before - that's sweet. I would have killed to see that years ago, I was a big fan and wanted to make a version of Ttrack and Field as a kid. ;)