IGNORED

The Official Game Boy Thread

Pfft... I've got the Jeremy Parish made Virtual Boy Works, you really don't need more than that.  He's a bloodhound when it comes to history, research, and development of an incredible story loaded with facts and well laid fun to keep you reading (or YT, watching) more.  His book had those glasses too.

I also have a very amazing shape Nintendo Power 75 with everything included, along with that sleeve and glasses it had too to show off the depth of VB games.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

btw I recently got Metal Slug Advance (cartmod) and Remute's album Unity on GBA as well.

What did you think about Unity? I like the music, but it sounds like it’s mostly playing samples. I guess samples are what characterizes GBA games, but still…

Also, I was mostly listening without watching, but is there no video component to this one? Usually there’s at least some kind of visually impressive something.

8 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

What did you think about Unity? I like the music, but it sounds like it’s mostly playing samples. I guess samples are what characterizes GBA games, but still…

Also, I was mostly listening without watching, but is there no video component to this one? Usually there’s at least some kind of visually impressive something.

I didn't have the time to listen to it entirely, but I agree. I need to use earphones though because it wasn't very loud. There's a video for the title track at the end but that's it, and I agree the player could use more animation.

Also I recently got Phantom 2040 for the Genesis (in box but no manual) but I haven't seen the dedicated topic pop up for a while... 😅

• Like 2

Since this is the Gameboy thread, and well maybe someone here has a bloody clue you can help whoever you are?

Two days ago I scored this on the way to getting kiddo from school at half price, the store exclusive ice blue gbpocket for a very fair price as it's in great shape, but then there was the bane of my sim existence, harvest moon, and the GB original (direct snes sequel) no less, grabbed it for normal value basically.  I still can't seem to figure this mess out, not sure why.

Anyone here good with the series, early series basics?  I can't seem to figure out how to not ruin myself within a month or two.  Can't seem to grow a thing, harvest properly, and I know there are the usual hidden goals and stuff to utterly really 'win' which is not just basic survival.  I found a PDF of the manual, not helpful, or I wouldn't ask, and the gamefaqs are wonky/confusing not really saying what other than some goals, but no steps HOW to get said goals.

I don't want to return the game in the window, rather get over this and enjoy the stupid thing as it looks like it would be solid slow fun.

gbp-iceblue-harvestmoon.jpg

• Like 2

Well I haven't picked up Gameboy stuff in awhile, yet you saw my last post.  And then I happened across being able to pay a little over half the going rate on a perfect looking copy of Dragon Warrior Monsters online, then yesterday traded in some stuff for cash at a collectibles shop and walked out with a bit of money, and a spotless copy of Pokemon Puzzle Challenge so 2 re-acquired solid GBC games in a week.  Such great titles, and the puzzle has a hidden version of panel de pon and the main game saves anytime making so easier to continue playing whenever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 7:54 PM, Tanooki said:

Since this is the Gameboy thread, and well maybe someone here has a bloody clue you can help whoever you are?

Two days ago I scored this on the way to getting kiddo from school at half price, the store exclusive ice blue gbpocket for a very fair price as it's in great shape, but then there was the bane of my sim existence, harvest moon, and the GB original (direct snes sequel) no less, grabbed it for normal value basically.  I still can't seem to figure this mess out, not sure why.

Anyone here good with the series, early series basics?  I can't seem to figure out how to not ruin myself within a month or two.  Can't seem to grow a thing, harvest properly, and I know there are the usual hidden goals and stuff to utterly really 'win' which is not just basic survival.  I found a PDF of the manual, not helpful, or I wouldn't ask, and the gamefaqs are wonky/confusing not really saying what other than some goals, but no steps HOW to get said goals.

I don't want to return the game in the window, rather get over this and enjoy the stupid thing as it looks like it would be solid slow fun.

gbp-iceblue-harvestmoon.jpg

Nice I love my ice blue GBP. 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:02 PM, jgkspsx said:

Got this beautiful, personalized release of Black Castle from Germany’s Community Releases team.

8932A999-F735-49C9-89B4-1C1051840E33.thumb.jpeg.ef829153007bbd65c4b95469f5a6b2a6.jpeg

32A56A90-7DFD-4193-A806-D954E757051E.thumb.jpeg.6738e90aeaf1a34b781bd9d0326bde44.jpeg

Cool glow in the dark shell:

58104EA9-984A-49A2-8707-8D02734B372B.thumb.jpeg.022f0b86cd9ed1500e3b24dc1ca13f7c.jpeg

Unfortunately it does not play in my GBA SP but it looks great in my OG AGB:

3D55D3C1-2775-4D74-AF01-B13A2E8D4824.thumb.jpeg.284a7598d7ad217476eaf52b25f50fc3.jpeg

Looks cool. How does it play? Anything to compare it to?

• Like 2

On 8/29/2022 at 7:39 PM, MrBeefy said:

Looks cool. How does it play? Anything to compare it to?

It’s just a jump and run platformer in the finest Mario tradition. It’s kind of like early Mario with the ratchet scrolling and the fact that you have to commit to one of several paths and make exacting jumps to get powerups, but since your attacks are projectiles there is a sort of Batman aspect to it too. The rom is free or nearly so so it’s easy to try it out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...