IGNORED

Programs from old TI Books

stefcep

Hi,

First time poster.

I was wondering if anyon has or knows where to get the programs that were printed in the books :

Entertainment Games in Texas Instruments BASIC and Extended BASIC by the Ton brothers

and

Compute!'s Guide to Ti-99/4a Sound and Graphics

I spent spent way too much of my childhood typing these and saving to cassette, which are now nowhere to be found, and I'd like to run them again in an emulator, maybe compile them and see how they perform!

Hi,

First time poster.

I was wondering if anyon has or knows where to get the programs that were printed in the books :

Entertainment Games in Texas Instruments BASIC and Extended BASIC by the Ton brothers

and

Compute!'s Guide to Ti-99/4a Sound and Graphics

I spent spent way too much of my childhood typing these and saving to cassette, which are now nowhere to be found, and I'd like to run them again in an emulator, maybe compile them and see how they perform!

See http://www.hexbus.com/tibooks/. Both books are there.

...lee

Thank you Lee. What a fantastic page!

I'm running the Classic99 emulator and it won't reconise the PC99 or V9T9 .dsk files. I suspect the emulator doesn't read these formats or I'm not setting up my dsk right.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome!! Classic99 supports DSK images. Just need to switch from FIAD to DOAD. You can then mount your disk into a drive slot.

Or you can extract your disk image to individual files and place them into the DSK1 directory. You can do a forum search for detailed information concerning this.

Good luck, and welcome!!! Any questions you have, there are folks here who can answer them.

• 1 month later...

Argh......this has been a lot of help, but I just need a bit of a nudge.

Dug out some old copies of Compute! magazine and was typing in a program tonight, but apparently I don't know how to mount/save/load what-the-heck ever!! I typed a few lines and then tried to 'save' my work to DSK1, but I don't think I did it right.....because I can't seem to reach back in and find my program. Can I have a REAL SIMPLE explanation....I tried using the manual (and it's loaded with lots of good stuff!) but I couldn't quite get the 'simple' answer I'm looking for.

I need it laid out very much at the 5th grade level, plz!

Open Classic99

Select Extended BASIC from drop down menu

Type in your code

Type SAVE "DSK1.PROGRAM"

You should then be able to open the DSK1 folder in the Classic99 subdirectory and see a file called PROGRAM.

Ok.

Restart Classic99

Select Extended BASIC from drop down menu.

Type OLD "DSK1.PROGRAM"

Type LIST

program should list on your screen.

Continue editing, then save again and etc. etc.

• Like 1

Yes, because a bug in my code can't corrupt the disk image with the level 1 routines (as easily).

Since I don't like disk images, adding write support has not be high on my list of priorities. I want to encourage people away from them, not make them easier to user. ;)

Sadly, I stand alone in the community on that one! :lol:

• Like 1

Yes, because a bug in my code can't corrupt the disk image with the level 1 routines (as easily).

Since I don't like disk images, adding write support has not be high on my list of priorities. I want to encourage people away from them, not make them easier to user. ;)

Sadly, I stand alone in the community on that one! :lol:

As you know, it was no problem at all for me until I needed to write blocks in TI Forth. There simply is no way to accommodate TI Forth with FIAD. Though, not being able to write sectors in FIAD was not the reason I developed fbForth, fbForth works very well in Classic99 with FIAD!

...lee

Yes, confirmed. For me that is a big problem

Well, you have lots of alternatives. :) MESS, V9T9 and JS99'er, for a start. Or switch Classic99 to use the TI Disk Controller (with its associated limitations ;) ). Or throw wads of money or toys at me and hope for the best. ;)