IGNORED

GameCube - Where?

Gamecube Is Doomed here, Nintendo Australia Never figured out how to win the Australian Market, After Sega Killed them with the Master System an Megadrive, then Sony Let off the Playstation and nintendo was Screwed here. Our Countrys Main Retailer, Coles Myer as warned they will refuse to take the Gamecube next year if sales don't rise. A couple of Weeks ago Nintendo Sold 350 Gamecube Consoles in a Week. Now this is Pathetic compared with the Xbox 6000 and the PS2 about 6500 in a week. Nintendo Australia have always been Pathetic at Marketing, Putting Gamecube ads on at odd times like 2-5AM. I seen a Metroid prime ad on at 3AM last week, IT's NOT GOOD ENOUGH. You can't find a Gamecube for It's Recommended retail Price of AU$329, you can find it for as Low at AU$150 In Some Places and the games as low as AU$15 NEW! The Gamecube, unfortunately will die here by the end of this year unless some miracle comes up... :ponder: :roll:

IMHO, I wouldn't say a system is dying just because the sales in the UK aren't going well.

Thats the global view but think how bad it will be for us Brits, if sales do start to drop off big time in the UK then the willingness of the major high street retailers to carry complete libraries of games for it will drop off as well, slowly.

So yes, while a drop in the UK market doesnt mean the system is dying the world over, it means the system is dying in UK, which is bad news for any UK GC owner because pretty soon we will all have to pay more dollar for our games, having to either travel further to find stores that stock them or import them.

I think people forget that alot of good games are made overseas. If the gamecube is not doing well in the European markets then that pretty much takes the UK developers out of the picture for the GC. MS is having a real problem in the Asian market. Nobody over there wants to buy an "American" system. MS is throwing huge amounts of money at em hoping to solve this problem and Japanese games are making their way overseas. Now I don't think this might be the best strategy but it appears to be helping. Believe it or not Sony is having a problem in the U.S. market probably because everyone already owns one :D . Every system has problems in certain markets, but we're not talking about small ones U.K. and Australia are big markets. When a company does nothing to help solve those problems then it appears they are giving up. Hey I could be wrong maybe Nintendo believes that if they have U.S. and Japan then that's all they need. Who knows maybe they are right.

so cause i say my personal opinion about nintendo's shotty system making finally catching up to them and i'm trolling? please someone explain trolling to me. i'm kinda new to all this on line talk about games and i've never heard the term trolling before

Many Thanks to Fretwobbler, who has articulated my concerns rather better than i did starting off this thread.

I'm in the UK and therefore the chances of it vanishing from high street shops here is not a promising thought, as indeed is the idea of the loss of UK development houses (Jeff Minter for one) is also not a good thing.

Still on further talk with Argos, they say that they MIGHT get more in since the previous batch sold very quickly at the extremely low price.

Nintendo's shotty system making finally caught up with them?? Have you ever even looked at the Playstation?? The X-Box ain`t that great either, the entire first production of units in Japan(Doesn`t matter much, it was probably 3 or so) had an excesses piece of plastic in the cd tray that would scratch the outside edge of the cd. Eventually, it could ruin the disc. But M$ said that they wouldn`t replace the console, only any disc that would NOT play. And don`t forget all the DRE's associated with the PS2.

I`ve never in my life had a Nintendo console die on me. I`ve had a playstation die, and another one come close(Blank screen, have to reset several times).

I've only had problems with non-Nintendo consoles, so i`m just saying that they are not shotty from my experience

The original NES's were known to be very "shotty". That's the only system I've ever had croak on me. Doesn't mean I agree with dirtbag/dirtboy(whatever his name is). I think Nintendo is the best gaming company out there, but lets be realistic here, they're not perfect.

nintendo is the worst company ever. every nintendo i've owned nes,snes,gameboy,gameboy color,N64 have quited i don't dare buy a gc or gba in fear of the same also my ps one and two,all sega systems,atari systems and x-box i have all still work. the segas and ps one i've got i bought all pretty much at there launches so to be nintendo is very very shotty

dave, arnt you glad you have an american game cube so you can play the games sooner then :)

hehe, generally yeah - I made the right decision there (and thanks again to Lost Monkey for getting it for me) - I got to play Animal Crossing, which will never be released here! Mind, I really wanted to play Doshin the Giant - Euro and Japanese release only - DOH! Still, I can always pick up a freeloader:)

nintendo is the worst company ever. every nintendo i've owned nes,snes,gameboy,gameboy color,N64 have quited i don't dare buy a gc or gba in fear of the same also my ps one and two,all sega systems,atari systems and x-box i have all still work. the segas and ps one i've got i bought all pretty much at there launches so to be nintendo is very very shotty

I can understand the occassional dud, but it sounds to me like you don't take care of your systems if all of those crapped out on you. Like I said, I've only had one system that ever crapped out and even then it was after a long time of use.

ive had more sega systems fail than nintendo systems... my saturn quit saving data on the battery until i got a new one then it broke.. so basically it needs a new battery eevery 5 months.. and my dreamcast died because they are cheaply made :( and NO i didnt fill it to the brim with cd-rs to make it break either.. bastard.

I just think cd based systems are troble prone.. my genesis NEVER acted up.. :)

ive had more sega systems fail than nintendo systems... my saturn quit saving data on the battery until i got a new one then it broke.. so basically it needs a new battery eevery 5 months.. and my dreamcast died because they are cheaply made :( and NO i didnt fill it to the brim with cd-rs to make it break either.. bastard.

I just think cd based systems are troble prone.. my genesis NEVER acted up.. :)

I agree....CD based consoles, specially of the 3DO-Saturn-PS1 era, seem to be more trouble prone.....and i never had a problem with my Genesis either :D

i don't take care of my systems? i baby my systems specially my nintendos that i have had knowing they gonna fall apart otherless. i've had some of my systems as long as i can remember (like my sega master system) and most of them are still like new little or no marks on the consoles games all in there cases when not in use for a prolonged period of time i pack them back up in the boxes damn i treat my systems better then my girlfreind (which makes her mad ) but this is getting off topic either way so like lets get back to the shortage of gamecubes in europe

The world according to Kirk:

Gamecube is the best system for party gaming, and has the best controllers.

I bought a PS2, and only Grand Theft Autos make that system worth while. It's all shovelware.

Xbox has Halo, and not much else.

For Gamecube, I can get Smash Bros Melee, Rogue Squadron, Super Monkey Ball, Metroid, Zelda, and Mario.

PS2 I can get GTA 3 and GTA:VC.

Xbox I could get Halo. And it probably is the only real bet for online play (SOCOM blows. I'd rather they just ported the original DOOM for PS2)

And that's the world according to Kirk.

PS Nintendo Hardware has heldup fine.