Which Setup is Best?

wyerd

Which Setup is Best?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Setup A or B

• Setup A
    • Setup B

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I quickly knocked up a plinth or shelf to put my PEB on and so I could hide the ugly foot and other cables, but found in my current seating position that the monitor's a bit high for viewing comfortably. I need to get a decent office chair anyway, so I'll be able to raise the viewing height in the long run. It also gives me some good desk space to add a printer, or working area.

I then thought I'd move the PEB and monitor around to see what it would look like, which using my current seating position works better, but I lose the desk space.

So, I've created a poll. Which one would you choose and why?

EDIT: I can't post images on the first post of a poll post for some strange reason.

Edited by wyerd

I voted for option "B", but I agree with Schmitzi, option "C" looks good, of course I'm biased... but you could read the HxC's display better too!

Yeah, but the PEB was never designed to be on it's side, plus there's a screw which would make it wobble every time you'd touch the HxC or FDD. ;-)

If I could swap the console/monitor and PEB round, then I could read the HxC, even sideways! The trouble is, the table is setup to sit on the left, but the room needs remodelling anyway, so I'm going to be on the lookout for new furniture or something bespoke maybe........hmmm. Lots of ideas......

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

• Like 1

Yeah, but the PEB was never designed to be on it's side, plus there's a screw which would make it wobble every time you'd touch the HxC or FDD.

No problemo, my solution was...

$_57.JPG

Just do an Ebay search for self-adhesive rubber feet. You'll find something you like.

I have mine in a tower arrangement here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/218727-ti-99-photos-thread-post-your-systems-here/?p=2868598

• Like 3

I like your flex cable solution That big pre-decessor of the USB cable always sits it the way.

I prefer option N - nano peb. As I do not have enough space for the real PEB at the moment and also

need to learn how to get a silent fan like Schmitzi's setup. Or option E. Emulators it works fine and fast

as well. But I am missing option S speech synthesizer or is it built in the PEB?

• Like 1

Like JamesD, I like the looks of Setup A. So I voted A.

Personally, I’d go for Setup C, a PEB on its side, the console on the desk, and the monitor on a separate shelf.

Like this:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/218727-ti-99-photos-thread-post-your-systems-here/?p=2868598

like that:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/218727-ti-99-photos-thread-post-your-systems-here/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3189111

or like so:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240639-which-setup-is-best/?p=3280043

You know Wyerd, your computer looks like something from a computer sales brochure.

It's so NEW and PERFECT looking!

I love that matching monitor too, it adds a lot of class.

Why thank you! I brought it back from the '80s in my TARDIS!