IGNORED

High Score Competition (May: Cubit)

arcadeshopper

SpotShot is an 8K ROM game. . .it may also be identified as Dragon Flyer, as DBT changed the name after a while to make it look like something new (they did that with a lot of their software).

Yep, found it. Thanks Ksarul.

One thing about this game REALLY irritates me though... the demo gets higher scores than I do! :mad:

Memory expansion is not required that's cool.

post-35324-0-05403700-1464989533_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

SpotShot is an 8K ROM game. . .it may also be identified as Dragon Flyer, as DBT changed the name after a while to make it look like something new (they did that with a lot of their software).

Wierd that it's listed like this then: ./video/Chicago TI Fair 2014 Videos/Chicago TI Faire Disk 2014/BETORI/CARTRIDGENOMANUALS/GAMES/SPOT_SHOT/SPOTG.BIN

(I have not tried it on the real TI-99/4A, because my kid took my LCD-screen).

I think the trick is to create a "line of sight" to shoot the insects all the way at the right of the screen (higher points)

and also the Dragon Fly you can pull it back to the left (so that insects can pass by up to a max of 4).

That is waaaaay better than anything I have ever achieved with SpotShot, Marc--and I've played that with cartridge off and on since I bought it back in 1987 (or so, as I'd have to dig up my Tenex receipt for it to be sure of the exact purchase date).

Then again, I really suck at most games. . . :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

Edited by Ksarul

That is waaaaay better than anything I have ever achieved with SpotShot, Marc--and I've played that with cartridge off and on since I bought it back in 1987 (or so, as I'd have to dig up my Tenex receipt for it to be sure of the exact purchase date).

Then again, I really suck at most games. . . :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

I usually am in the 20,000-30,000 range. Chalk it up to a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then I guess ;-)....