IGNORED

High Score Competition (May: Cubit)

arcadeshopper

That's actually a rather nice, slightly twisted, implementation of Missile Command. The font is a bit strange - as it is somewhat inconsistent.

There seem to be several different versions out there. At least when it comes to soundeffects, - the one I played in Classic99 and 2 videos on YouTube.

Are there any pictures of cartridge and manuals ?

:)

It's been ages since I participated in one of these, but Barrage is my jam. Are there any rules about how to obtain the high score (iron vs emulation, keyboard vs joystick, etc)?

I can pretty consistently post up around 500,000 and I've been known to go beyond that occasionally. And I need something to keep me from playing Agario constantly and never getting any better at that stupid game... :/

Are there any rules about how to obtain the high score (iron vs emulation, keyboard vs joystick, etc)?

You should say whether you're playing on PAL or NTSC (European vs. American consoles); with emulation you should choose 60Hz. We noticed that gameplay on 50Hz is visibly different.

It might be Rabbit Trail or St. Nick for all you know... :)

Just think about it this way... A score over 10k is in contention on Henhouse... Just keep the fox away, and mind your chutes.

My best on Henhouse is north of 20k, but I've only done it a couple times.

Edited by Opry99er

I almost wish the photos and bragging or mention of actual scores was put off to the final week. That way us players that totally suck could be deluded enough to think we have a fighting chance for a while and actually enjoy playing. These mega scores just drive away potential players. Just an opinion from a lousy player. You can still talk smack, without showing your cards.

• Like 1

I almost wish the photos and bragging or mention of actual scores was put off to the final week. That way us players that totally suck could be deluded enough to think we have a fighting chance for a while and actually enjoy playing. These mega scores just drive away potential players. Just an opinion from a lousy player. You can still talk smack, without showing your cards.

Good idea :)

I almost wish the photos and bragging or mention of actual scores was put off to the final week.

Why I posted my score? - Because I'm not sure whether it has already been the highest one I'll be able to achieve. :)

I remember at the beginning there was a high score list by game, also showing second and third places, so it may make sense to post a weaker score that won't make you win.

Maybe we should think about a special website for that competition.