IGNORED

High Score Competition (May: Cubit)

arcadeshopper

What about a championship tournament?

The winner of a month gets 15 points, second gets 10 points, third 8, then 5, 3, 1 (or whatever sequence). Then you have a ranking of players over several months, and if you don't win but always finish 3rd or 4th you can have some pretty good position at the end.

The downside is that this would require a separate website, which makes it less visible to this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked it because I've hardly played it. When I got Rasmus's 3-in-1 cart I was so into Titanium, it was the only one I gave serious gameplay time to. Going back to revisit the cart the other day, I realized Scramble was pretty kickass, but I'm super new at it. I plan to rectify that this month.

Still deciding on the prize -- I think I have something unique for this month.

LClwKIa.jpg

Okay, here's the prize package for this month -- a grab bag of old school goodies from my own collection. You get "Entertainment Games in TI BASIC and Extended BASIC," one of the old SAMS book/cassette package combos, "Terrific Games For the TI 99/4A," a cool book of games which make great programming exercises, and an original Not Polyoptics cassette game, "Sengoku Jidai." (I MAY or may not have the original manual for this in my files somewhere. If I do, I'll throw it in.)

I know not all of you are as enamored of the original old-school artifacts from our beloved TI's origins, but these are some cool things that I've found useful over the years and I hope they find a good home. Good luck and high scores!

Keith

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

this is the right time for me to play with this game!

It seems really nice. I have a couple of questions:

1) I am using Classic 99 on a MacBookPro (via wine). I can't find on my keyboard the key to shoot horizontally, only the one that drops bombs. Any help?

2) I just downloaded the game in archived form from GameShelf. The web page says that the source code is available... is it in the archive ?

regards

Count9929A