IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

Best to date :) Classic99 60Hz. I think the second screen is the key to high scores because getting stuck behind worms very quickly depletes the bonus counter, so jumping over worms moving in the same direction is essential. For that score I managed to do it twice which I thought was pretty damn lucky!

attachicon.gifHerox HS.jpg

I lost 5 hours today on classic99 too and still not obtained a satisfied result, Vorticon i hate you :P

post-24673-0-67025900-1524755327_thumb.png

• Like 1

I don't know what happened but I was on a board with another dood up top and moving holes. I died for no reason halfway through on my last life and that's enough for me. can't do that again. I'm guessing my player suffered a severe heart attack. Not something i can bet against in a video game.

Bonus timer probably expired. You get less time on each stage to finish it, and you die if it runs out. That was the last level though!

I like the heart attack explanation though ;)

• Like 1

Bonus timer probably expired. You get less time on each stage to finish it, and you die if it runs out. That was the last level though!

I like the heart attack explanation though ;)

Well it damn near gave me a heart attack LOL! There's still a few days left on the clock. I think I maybe able to crank out a better score but for the most part, I believe Vorticon clinched this one.

I think it's best to ignore the highscores being posted and just have fun playing, then posting your highscore when you've played it out (if possible) - At least that's what I'm going to tell myself next month. I don't want to know what the best players are doing LOL....*sniff*....*wahhhhh* nah, definitely LOL.

So, those of you who have been playing this game, please hop on over to the game tracker and post your times!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/273838-what-have-you-actually-played-tracker-for-2018-season-11/page-17?do=findComment&comment=4017673

For those of you who dont regularly post there, it is a weekly tracker of minutes played. Each game is tracked by system and by minutes and at the end of the week, a big rundown is posted by thegoldenband. Typically our TI comes in around 2nd or 3rd place, but with all the minutes played this week on HeroX, if you guys post up, the TI can win the day.

I wont be of much help... I did post some TI times this week, but the majority of my gaming time has been NES and Vectrex.

Hop over and take a look. Its been going on for over 10 years now, and it is tracked every week.

I am just curious to get these scores you need to jump over the worms in the same direction correct? It is a fun game, but no time to play.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

That is correct, you have to jump the worms moving in the same direction.

• Like 2

This is my best score for this competition, no more time to dedicate.

Definitely is not one of the top ones, but I post it anyway for the final ranking :-)

score5.bmp

@Tursi: very nice game! I have a curiosity: I don't understand what happens in the victory sequence, after the Hero throuws the evil guy down from the platform. Why a question mark appears and then the Herox gives a punch (maybe) to the wall, before returning to the damsel?

Well guys, i think it is my last score today... Classic99 60hz
an entire day is past playing HeroX since this morning and I still have to dinner (are almost the 21:30 o'clock here)
i think i started and restarted about 500/600 times the game, each time i lost a life, i started again... i also think that jumping the worms is really a lucky moment.
I also discovered that the moment on when start to play a certain level can be important.
Probably i will dream worms tonight, thanks Tursi ;) nice game anyway.
a Day dedicated to HeroX ...
nice competition to all. I will stop here probably... i will be grateful to all if nobody will exceed my score please :P

post-24673-0-23608000-1525116185_thumb.png

• Like 4