IGNORED

Interesting New 6502-based System with Nice Graphics

UNIXcoffee928

The builder says the 65816 is too new but includes a blitter. :roll:

Give the guy a break, after all, he said his old computers smelled of reefer... lol.

LOL. I only said that because the patent for the blitter wasn't applied for until 1986 and the 65816 prototypes were first delivered in 1984.

LOL. I only said that because the patent for the blitter wasn't applied for until 1986 and the 65816 prototypes were first delivered in 1984.

How come?

The Amiga 1000 arrived in 1985, I guess they patented their chipset before? Around 82 or 83 ;)

So how could the blitter be later than the Amiga ?

I think there were earlier patents that the Amiga chipset used but that wasn't one of them.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=pts&hl=en&q=amiga%2C+inc&gws_rd=ssl

Alike what others think ;) , but a Blitter is (technically) older than the 65816 anyways, and that's the point.

Really a 16 MHz 65C02 was available before 65C816? I think WDC introduced 14 MHz 65C02 CPUs in '90s.

That fits.... they guy tried to push the hardware of the early 80s just enhance them , so a coder from that time could simply work on it.

We need an engineering simulator. It would be a program with a giant database of all known technology by date and the associated costs. Then, you set a date and a price and it spits out a device that could have existed at that time. You could generate new home computers by the thousands.

Meh! :) Reading this thread I was overcome with a physical feeling like getting gut punched when I thought "RAM" I remember stuff like my first RAM board for my Cosmac was $140 for 4k. The stories about why the 800/400 were named as such was because they were originally going to come with 8k and 4k of RAM respectively. There were even rumors the sales of the ST were as high as they were because IBM clone makers were buying them up to use the RAM in their clones. Funny how 30+ years later it still evokes a physical response.

Quality and quantity of everything has improved so much since then. These are the salad days!