IGNORED

Angry.....

Opry99er

Welp.... rolled the sucker... mutiple times. :)

My son took some videos to document the 200k and the 300k rolls. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWgutMBWWqs

Now try it on Games 8,16,24 and 32. No extra lives in those variations.....even having 20K for an extra life adds quite a bit of difficulty to rolling the score.

Oh...might be wrong but going by that video you are playing with slow asteroids - you need to play with fast. The name is misleading - playing at fast actually changes the angle of movement of the smaller asteroids - makes a big difference.

Edited by davyK

Agreed. I didn't beat the 4th difficulty level of Smurfs 2600 until I was an adult. Took playing off and on for 20 years but I got it done :cool:

Let's see a modern game compete with THAT replay value!

Also, my wife is so good at Asteroids she has to choose when to stop playing it. She flips it over and over and over and over (yes, on hard..)! You'll get that focus going and find out how soon I'm sure.

Edited by Papa
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info!

When we are 'hi-scoring it up' on the weekends, we always play variation 1 on all the games... Makes it easy, and it is what I always did BITD. I don't have the time to figure out what all the variations are and whatnot... And never had any manuals. :)

I was planning on starting an alphabetized 'variations' thread on here for 2600 games, but there seemed to be a lack of interest. :)

Yeah considering I have video of this score on youtube, and 1 more "cheese" bit eaten flipped it back to 0 then 1

Sorry for the shakiness of the video but I was trying to hold my computer's external webcam with one hand and trying to maneuver the joystick with the other, and it kinda didn't work so well, but after you recover from the dizziness you can actually see the score flip :D

• 3 months later...

Welp.... rolled the sucker... mutiple times. :)

My son took some videos to document the 200k and the 300k rolls. Enjoy

Classic. Back then and still to this day, so simple, yet so addictive, blasting stuff into bits, blasting and blasting ...

What are the game no. and difficulty levels set on ?

I've got tons of 2600 projects for the TI-99/4A, and lately I've done some good progress on Asteroids. Your video really inspired me. It's not a clone, could have been, it's a remake, a tribute to the 2600 version, forgetting the arcade, cutting some corners but also making extra use of TI capabilities in a 2600 style of "bare console 8K cart only". The TI only has 256 bytes of CPU memory *), so in that respect the two beasts almost have something in common.

;)

*) But it has 16K of video memory. Access is like, set destination address using 2 bytes, and then read or write one or more bytes (video memory auto-increments).