1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's not "all 48 minutes" because I gave you the timestamp, and I think it's good to hear about it from the man himself for all his wonderful efforts. But it's a good summary Wolf_, thank you!

Yes, and you set the text color to black or very dark instead of default, meaning people using the deflection color scheme can't read it. :ponder:

Maybe I've got some wrong settings, I'm pretty new to these forums. The timestamp is in the parentheses "(go to 18:41)", can you check if you can see it, please?

In the extreme bottom left of the page is a "theme" drop down menu. Many people use the dark theme to avoid staring into blinding white light. You happen to color your text the exact color of the dark theme so it is completely invisible.

Untitled.png

It's called "deflection".

I've got just two options there "AtariAge" and "Mobile".

EDIT: Anyway, sorry for the off-top, if some knows the answer to my problems, you can send me a private message, that would be nice. I just wanted to share this news about Smokemonster packs with you.

Edited by retro_fan

There's a new patch for SML2 to turn it into a GBC game. http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3784/

Is anybody else having issues playing it in the jailbroken GBC core on the NT Mini? Doesn't work on mine.

It loads for me and plays, but there is some random tile corruption on the Nt Mini. It is minor, but it is not present on either a GBA or GBA SP-101. I do not have a real Game Boy Color to test it on. The hack is very well done. The Pokemon Red and Blue color hacks are also well done.

There are (at least) three Metroid 2 colorization hacks, but two will not work on the Nt Mini or on real hardware as patched because they do not write a correct header checksum. While you can fix the checksum with this utility : https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1343/, they will show major corruption on real hardware, which leads me to believe that their authors never tested on real hardware. The colorization hack that does work is too sloppy to be a usable hack.

Edited by Great Hierophant

It loads for me and plays, but there is some random tile corruption on the Nt Mini. It is minor, but it is not present on either a GBA or GBA SP-101. I do not have a real Game Boy Color to test it on. The hack is very well done.

I'll check my firmwares and make sure they are up to date.

Apparently the game is not working as a .CIA injection for 3DS either. That would be my other preferred way to play. Seems like there are some bugs, hopefully they get worked out.

Apparently the game is not working as a .CIA injection for 3DS either. That would be my other preferred way to play. Seems like there are some bugs, hopefully they get worked out.

Shove it on a Gameboy Everdrive and call it a day. :) You can also put it on the GBA Everdrive but it'll be emulated obviously... but works great either way.

Shove it on a Gameboy Everdrive and call it a day. :) You can also put it on the GBA Everdrive but it'll be emulated obviously... but works great either way.

AGS-101 screen still not as good as N3DSXL IPS screen (identical pixel density to the 101 screen, to boot).

I'll probably do Everdrive into Game Boy Interface on a CRT, but I'll still keep hoping for a patch.

AGS-101 screen still not as good as N3DSXL IPS screen (identical pixel density to the 101 screen, to boot).

Play it on a GBC then. :lol: But yeah I play a lot of .cia injected stuff on my 3DS's.. and of course the display is better, but didn't you just say it doesn't work? Until it does, move on and might as well play it in it's original form factor is all I'm saying.

That said.. thanks for reminding me about the SGB.. I'll have yet to give it a shot too. :)

Play it on a GBC then. :lol: But yeah I play a lot of .cia injected stuff on my 3DS's.. and of course the display is better, but didn't you just say it doesn't work? Until it does, move on and might as well play it in it's original form factor is all I'm saying.

That said.. thanks for reminding me about the SGB.. I'll have yet to give it a shot too. :)

Super Game Boy (I have SGB2) is great, but won't play this game as it uses native GB Color mode (like Link's Awakening DX). Game Boy Player (and the superior Game Boy Interface) of course do support GBC mode on the Gamecube.

Super Game Boy (I have SGB2) is great, but won't play this game as it uses native GB Color mode (like Link's Awakening DX). Game Boy Player (and the superior Game Boy Interface) of course do support GBC mode on the Gamecube.

Dang.. I forgot about all those subtleties in the GB line. :P I'd be curious now to try it on both SGB and GBP now.. My beef with the GBP has always been 1)that you need to pop in a disc for it, and 2) the GC controller which I could never really get into. :lol:

Dang.. I forgot about all those subtleties in the GB line. :P I'd be curious now to try it on both SGB and GBP now.. My beef with the GBP has always been 1)that you need to pop in a disc for it, and 2) the GC controller which I could never really get into. :lol:

I use an old OG GBA as my controller with Gamecube. Much better. Cheap third party adapter cables are still plentiful.

Something I learned recently is that there is at least one Gameboy Color exclusive game, meaning that it can't even be played on a Gameboy Advance. There may be more than one but the one I'm aware of is Chee-Chai Alien ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chee-Chai_Alien). It uses the infrared port on the Gameboy Color for critical game functions, and gives a Japanese "This game pak is designed for use with Gameboy Color" message on startup for anything but a GBC. AFAIK, most games' usage of the IR port was just a replication of link cable functionality, which you could just use a link cable for. I haven't tried to load Chee Chai Alien on my NT Mini yet, but I assume it'll work the way it does on a GBC emulator, in that the game works, but it tries to do something with the IR port and fails.

Edit:

I wonder how complicated it would be to add an IR port to Kevtris' NT Mini GB/GBC cart adapter?

Edited by cfillak

Yeah I've been trying to figure out how to get a Gamecube/GBP into a completely solid state setup. I know I can just use SD Media Launcher to load Swiss/GBI, but I'm trying to avoid optical discs in the long run. As far as the controller is concerned, you can buy the super expensive Hori SNES shaped GCN controller, or get the Raphnet SNES controller to GCN adapter, which is what I did.

Does anyone know if the Raphnet SNES to NES adapter will allow an original wired SNES controller to be fully functional on the NT Mini? Will it allow a SNES controller to work with the A2600 and Colecovision cores, like the included 8bitdo controller? I'm looking for a wired solution. I need the X, A, L and R buttons to function properly. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Raphnet SNES to NES adapter will allow an original wired SNES controller to be fully functional on the NT Mini? Will it allow a SNES controller to work with the A2600 and Colecovision cores, like the included 8bitdo controller? I'm looking for a wired solution. I need the X, A, L and R buttons to function properly. Thanks!

It works, I have it. However you get Y/B instead of B/A just like the 8bitdo.

Yes, it works. NES and SNES controllers use the same exact protocol, so the Raphnet adapter is basically just a pin adapter and there's no active circuitry or anything. The adapter therefore also works with the NTT Data Super Famicom controller:

ntt-data-super-famicom-controller.jpg

The keypad makes the Colecovision core and the other cores whose controllers have numpads fully functional.

• Like 2