2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

1) expansion slot for a cd player in 2018, just no

2) 200$ for a plain snes isn't ok...it's pointless with a modded snes jr and ossc for instance. That's why there needs to be a core store or at least a replacement for sd2snes to make it worth it. RGB Genny is 30$, and the 100% flash cart is 50$, not comparable.

3) ossc...

No CD Rom drives because they're outdated in 2018...on a system designed to play 30 year old cartridges? You do realize we're talking about retro gaming, right?

Please show me where I can get an RGB modded SNES Jr plus an OSSC for under $200.

So does my modded snes jr, at half the price. Needs NT mini cores or at least ds-1 jailbreak support for the Super NT to be anything really.

I can't play games on my Sd2snes?????!!! But I have the HDMI plugged directly into the cart!? MIND BLOWN!!!

Well then you shouldn't have bought a Super NT. There was never any promise that it would have the core store, or that it would replicate expansion chips. There's no sense in complaining about it not having features that were never promised.

It was a youtube guy who mentioned it. I think he works for retro circus or something. Retrocircus has other people who make there carts so I think. Like john riggs. I think you can get a kit to make your own carts. I did email retro circus and they did tell me the sa-1 all in one is being worked on but has some complications. They have a hole lot of multi games and do hacks and they do custom game carts for most of the chips like SA-1 and FX. Their work is top notch.

The cart I got has a picture of the game and scroll left to right and select the picture of the game and then boots the game.

Why do you keep saying "retro circus"? lol It's retro CIRCUITS.

• Like 2

Is there a link to all the LED custom patterns done on here? I would like to try some of them.

Thanks

Try here for my first patterns. I made these by hand in a hex editor, but plan on making more using infinest's editor.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/?p=3978645

And here is infinest's initial pattern pack.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/?p=3978411

And infinest made a custom palette editor. Much recommended over typing raw values into a hex editor. ;-)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/?p=3979176

I really need to create a separate thread for this as valuable info is getting lost in the daily postings...

Try here for my first patterns. I made these by hand in a hex editor, but plan on making more using infinest's editor.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/?p=3978645

And here is infinest's initial pattern pack.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/?p=3978411

And infinest made a custom palette editor. Much recommended over typing raw values into a hex editor. ;-)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/?p=3979176

I really need to create a separate thread for this as valuable info is getting lost in the daily postings...

Thanks for that Stardust ;-)

It has 9 fx games basically all the NA games, wished for some unreleased games or some hacks but for what it is it's good. Works grate on the currect firmware and cheats work after soft reset, well I just got it and be warned it's backordered so you will be waiting a week or more. (well i am going to test it out with different codes another time.). I actually ask them if they can take out doom or something for the star fox 2 beta and they told me they sell the cartage as is. SIgh.

DOOM

STAR FOX

STAR FOX 2 CLASSIC (THE ONE on the snes classic)

STAR FOX SUPER Weekend

winter gold

Stunt race FX

Yoshi's island

Dirt Trax FX

Vortex

fx cart.jpg

How did you order it? Ive been waiting for it to be in stock for a month and it never popped in.

Hypothetical question here: can the nt mini cores be ported over to the super nt without modification? I mean, I know not all the hardware is the same, but its the same Altera Cyclone V at the heart of both beasts, no? Hypothetically speaking of course...

I mean, it wouldnt be worth tinkering with merging the firmwares or anything, riiiiight?

Edited by RampantOctopus

How did you order it? Ive been waiting for it to be in stock for a month and it never popped in.

IDK it let me before I guess im lucky. It still said backordered but let me order it. My guess is wait for it to be back in stock or make a bunch of 4-1 carts which will be expensive. Im sorry. Try emailing them maybe they will make you one.

Regardless of which product Analogue decides to release next, I just hope they switch to a different shipping service.

Ughh! I agree! Mine shipped 10 days ago and it has been sitting in Ontario, CA for over a week. Weird that my NT Mini didn't have an issue shipping.

I may be spoiled with Amazon Prime, but I definitely expect more for $39.71.

Edited by zwooky

Ughh! I agree! Mine shipped 10 days ago and it has been sitting in Ontario, CA for over a week. Weird that my NT Mini didn't have an issue shipping.

Tell me about it... I was one of the lucky 20 people who had their orders get corrupted in the shipping service database for the 2nd batch.

After bitching about it to analogue on twitter for a whole week they finally decided to look into it.

Mine is gonna ship out on monday now even if I preordered it the 2nd week of Feb.

Hope it doesnt get stuck in limbo for 10 days like yours.

With all the talk about a genesis FPGA I was wondering if anyone tried the retro-bit Genesis to SNES cart adapter (retrogen).

I wonder if it works on the super nt as I have a pretty extensive genesis cart collection.

If my Super NT ever arrives, I will test it out.

With all the talk about a genesis FPGA I was wondering if anyone tried the retro-bit Genesis to SNES cart adapter (retrogen).

I wonder if it works on the super nt as I have a pretty extensive genesis cart collection.

Unless you'd be satisfied with composite output from a Genesis clone, you're better off avoiding it.

If it worked like a Super Game Boy, it would be tempting even with flaws. But it just draws power from it and interfaces with the Super Nintendo controllers. AV output is via a composite output on the adapter itself.

Same deal with Retro-Bit's GBA adapter for the SNES. Just draws power and interfaces with the Super Nintendo's controllers. No audio/video is fed through the Super Nintendo.

They're basically novelty items in the classic gaming world. From the convenience and setup simplification side, they didn't go all the way with video/audio fed through the SNES for one reason or another. And as far as playing Genesis and GBA games goes, they don't do a particularly great job at that, either.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Hypothetical question here: can the nt mini cores be ported over to the super nt without modification? I mean, I know not all the hardware is the same, but its the same Altera Cyclone V at the heart of both beasts, no? Hypothetically speaking of course...

I mean, it wouldnt be worth tinkering with merging the firmwares or anything, riiiiight?

It's not the same FPGA in both consoles. The one in the Super NT is more advanced.

Even just a modded SNES JR is ~$150+ if you don't do the mod yourself.

I was considering that route myself initially...

SNES jr in good condition: $65

voultar mod: $75

shipping cost for mod work (to/from): $20

quality RGB cable: $23 (?)

-------------------------

Total: $183

We're almost at the price of the SNT and we haven't even gotten to the upscaler yet.

Considering that the jailbroken SNT also includes Super Everdrive functionality (with much faster loading and a better UI) it certainly is a bargain!

Yeah, its like that dude assumes everyone already owns a modded SNES JR.

Why would I care what other people own?

It was $449.00.

$483.xx lol.

You are everything that's wrong with discussion on the internet. Arguing semantics to make yourself seem smart when in reality your comment(s) were completely and utterly unnecessary and useless.

No CD Rom drives because they're outdated in 2018...on a system designed to play 30 year old cartridges? You do realize we're talking about retro gaming, right?

Please show me where I can get an RGB modded SNES Jr plus an OSSC for under $200.

You mean under 230$ thanks to a 350% price-gouge markup on shipping costs?

When you buy an OSSC you can use it with at least a dozen other systems, you do realize this right....?

Well then you shouldn't have bought a Super NT. There was never any promise that it would have the core store, or that it would replicate expansion chips. There's no sense in complaining about it not having features that were never promised.

That's fine, made a nice chunk of change off it (didn't like the way the transparent edition ended up looking compared to the mockup anyway), and I'll rebuy it once Kevtris gets off his ass and finally ports the cores...

Shouldn't be. Same core architecture. Too bad the guy who programs it refuses to comment on the issue.

Edited by Nomenclature

It has 9 fx games basically all the NA games, wished for some unreleased games or some hacks but for what it is it's good. Works grate on the currect firmware and cheats work after soft reset, well I just got it and be warned it's backordered so you will be waiting a week or more. (well i am going to test it out with different codes another time.). I actually ask them if they can take out doom or something for the star fox 2 beta and they told me they sell the cartage as is. SIgh.

DOOM

STAR FOX

STAR FOX 2 CLASSIC (THE ONE on the snes classic)

STAR FOX SUPER Weekend

winter gold

Stunt race FX

Yoshi's island

Dirt Trax FX

Vortex

attachicon.giffx cart.jpg

I was thinking about that cart too, but getting Yoshi and maybe Star Fox for nostalgic reasons for half the price of the 10in1 repro in very good condition is all you really need. The rest is trash. The 4in1 SA-1 is much more interesting IMO.

Edited by zeroG

I was thinking about that cart too, but getting Yoshi and maybe Star Fox for nostalgic reasons for half the price of the 10in1 repro in very good condition is all you really need. The rest is trash. The 4in1 SA-1 is much more interesting IMO.

Yeah, so far, I've only bought the SA-1 games I wanted to play, and then the FX games as well; added in Dirt Track and Stunt Race since I got them for $6 each lol.

You are everything that's wrong with discussion on the internet. Arguing semantics to make yourself seem smart when in reality your comment(s) were completely and utterly unnecessary and useless.

You know what's completely unnecessary and useless? Argumentative posts like this one. Now that you've been blocked from the thread, maybe we can get back to discussing Kevtris's projects like grownups. Please.

• Like 9

Totally agree with this. I made sure I bought both SMBW3 Yoshi and Star Fox before getting my Super NT. Got both for $50. Now just need Starfox 2