1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have not had vary much luck with getting the Gameboy roms to work. I am thinking it might be a problem with the Bios file. Some of the Roms will not load at all I get a window that pops up (File Not Found). If the Rom Does load I get a Blue screen. I tried using a different Bios file and the 2 Roms that worked before now had a blue screen.

Any tips or help on getting the Gameboy Core working will be greatly appreciated.

simbin The only way I could get the SMS core to work was to select no Bios in the core system menu. There was another box that needed to be checked. Its in the instructions (Extract ?????) cant remember.

I was having a hell of a time getting the gameboy games to run at first as well. First thing's first, get a better "bios" if you think the one you have is not working. Hint: There is no such thing as a Gameboy bios, what you should be searching for is a gameboy BOOTSTRAP. Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by telling you a "good place" to get one is at Emuparadise. As a precaution, I will say you should only download it if you already own a gameboy.

Once you have a bootstrap,

As per Kevtris' instructions:

--

You must have the Gameboy's
bootstrap (BIOS) installed in the /BIOS/ directory for it to work though.
Name it "DMGBIOS.BIN" and drop it into /BIOS.
--
Hope that helps

I was having a hell of a time getting the gameboy games to run at first as well. First thing's first, get a better "bios" if you think the one you have is not working. Hint: There is no such thing as a Gameboy bios, what you should be searching for is a gameboy BOOTSTRAP. Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by telling you a "good place" to get one is at Emuparadise. As a precaution, I will say you should only download it if you already own a gameboy.

--

--
Hope that helps

Thanks

--

--
Hope that helps

COLBIOS.BIN     Standard         2C66F5911E5B42B8EBE113403548EEE7
COLBIOS2.BIN    Skip delay       47F7180592A00B9631C97A12FF0FDD3C
COLBIOS3.BIN    Bit Corp Dina    00FD13B66D39C69706AA48EB84A78411
DMGBIOS.BIN                      32FBBD84168D3482956EB3C5051637F5
GBCBIOS.BIN                      DBFCE9DB9DEAA2567F6A84FDE55F9680
GGBIOS.BIN                       672E104C3BE3A238301ACEFFC3B23FD6
SMSBIOS.BIN     US version       840481177270D5642A14CA71EE72844C
SMSBIOS2.BIN    Japanese         24A519C53F67B00640D0048EF7089105
Edited by simbin

COLBIOS.BIN     Standard         2C66F5911E5B42B8EBE113403548EEE7
COLBIOS2.BIN    Skip delay       47F7180592A00B9631C97A12FF0FDD3C
COLBIOS3.BIN    Bit Corp Dina    00FD13B66D39C69706AA48EB84A78411
DMGBIOS.BIN                      32FBBD84168D3482956EB3C5051637F5
GBCBIOS.BIN                      DBFCE9DB9DEAA2567F6A84FDE55F9680
GGBIOS.BIN                       672E104C3BE3A238301ACEFFC3B23FD6
SMSBIOS.BIN     US version       840481177270D5642A14CA71EE72844C
SMSBIOS2.BIN    Japanese         24A519C53F67B00640D0048EF7089105

I am not having any luck this is frustrating. I have tried every file I can find. I have read everything all the instructions.

Edited by KTMRICH

Does any one know why only 3 of my Gameboy games work? Mario land 2, Tetris and contra. I have tried all the Bios and Bootstrap files I could possibly down load from all the sites I could fin. Only 3 games work. I have tried games from all regions and only 3 games work. what could I be doing wrong?

I would really like to get this to work I love the original game boy. I have 2 of them and lots of games. Supper Mario land 2 plays great on the analogue NT. Its so much better than playing on the Gameboy. Would love to play the rest of my favorites on the analogue nt..

Hi everybody (first post here)

Kevtris, thank you very much for your impressive work. The products that we are seeing today were unthinkable not so long ago.

I have one question though. The NT Mini has proven to have more potential than expected with the new cores, and looks like an excellent product. However, knowing that the Z3000 is coming, why should one buy an NT Mini now and not wait for the Z3000, which will support 8 & 16bit systems?

Thanks a lot!!

• Like 1

However, knowing that the Z3000 is coming, why should one buy an NT Mini now and not wait for the Z3000, which will support 8 & 16bit systems?

I can't speak for Kevtris, but there would be a point to try to squeeze as much as possible from NT mini hardware before starting to build something else. The experience gained doing so would only make the Z3K better.

• Like 1

I have one question though. The NT Mini has proven to have more potential than expected with the new cores, and looks like an excellent product. However, knowing that the Z3000 is coming, why should one buy an NT Mini now and not wait for the Z3000, which will support 8 & 16bit systems?

The Z3k might not come out for years. You could ask the same question about any piece of modern technology. Why buy a new phone now when you can buy a better one 2 years from now? Why buy a new laptop now when there will be a better one in a few years? The answer is that you'll be able to enjoy it now! And in the case of FPGA consoles specifically you'll be helping to further the goals and increase the likelihood that future projects get produced.

Edited by cacophony
  • Like 1

Kevtris, do you think that during the development of Nt mini/Z3K cores you would have to decap any chips? It looks like a very interesting process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT1FStxAVz4

I think decapping the chip crosses a copyright line that you don't want to cross if you don't have to. With the SNES, decapping is required on the expansion chips (that's how the DSP roms were acquired), but part of the fun of a FPGA is figuring out how exactly to reproduce the output from the inputs.

Kevtris, do you think that during the development of Nt mini/Z3K cores you would have to decap any chips? It looks like a very interesting process:

Yes I have gone over a lot of decapped chips. It's interesting and fun to see the guts of how things work.

And no, there's no copyright issues unless you were to copy the mask. Reverse engineering by studying how a chip works is not a copyright issue. The only possible issue would be patents, but the stuff I work on is a lot older than 20 years so no problems there either.

• Like 2

--

--
Hope that helps

Good afternoon, I tried exactly what is described above except it was called Gameboy boot Rom world [bOIS] and it did not work. Does that download sound right?

So I have 3 of my Gameboy roms that work. They work even if I don't have a gameboy Bootsrap or BIOS in the BIOS folder. Is that normal?

Has any one had any issues with maybe a SD cards not working in the Analogue NT? I had a SD card problem with a everdrive in the analogue NT mini. I have tried a couple SD cards with the same result.

I am almost sure the Bootstrap file is the reason my Gameboy games are not working. But don't know for sure I am using the right boostrap.

Thanks

Good afternoon, I tried exactly what is described above except it was called Gameboy boot Rom world [bOIS] and it did not work. Does that download sound right?

So I have 3 of my Gameboy roms that work. They work even if I don't have a gameboy Bootsrap or BIOS in the BIOS folder. Is that normal?

Has any one had any issues with maybe a SD cards not working in the Analogue NT? I had a SD card problem with a everdrive in the analogue NT mini. I have tried a couple SD cards with the same result.

I am almost sure the Bootstrap file is the reason my Gameboy games are not working. But don't know for sure I am using the right boostrap.

Thanks

Silly question, but have you tried the ROMs anywhere else? Could it be you have a bad rom pack? Also, how did you format your sd card (it needs to be FAT32 not exFAT). Also, are you extracting the jailbreak software directly to your freshly formatted sd card? Finally, what size sd card(s) are you using?

If you got your bootstrap from Emu paradise, the bootstrap is fine. Make sure you extract it from the zip and then rename it as per the instructions (sorry if this makes you say "no shit", but I figure it's probably some small issue that's causing you issues)

Silly question, but have you tried the ROMs anywhere else? Could it be you have a bad rom pack? Also, how did you format your sd card (it needs to be FAT32 not exFAT). Also, are you extracting the jailbreak software directly to your freshly formatted sd card? Finally, what size sd card(s) are you using?

If you got your bootstrap from Emu paradise, the bootstrap is fine. Make sure you extract it from the zip and then rename it as per the instructions (sorry if this makes you say "no shit", but I figure it's probably some small issue that's causing you issues)

Thanks for your help

I have tried different roms of the same game. The card is formatted FAT32 right before I updated the Analogue NT. I have tried 2 different SD card both small ones. Card 1 is a SanDisk Ultra II 2GB The other card is a SanDisk 1GB. I ordered some new SD cards. I am going to try some other larger SD cards in a bit.

After I down loaded the Bootstrap I extracted it to my computer the renamed it in all caps. I then copied it to my SD card BIOS folder. I also have the super Gameboy bootstrap named DMGBIOS2.BIN and tried switching between the 2.

I have tried about 30 roms and only 3 work. These Roms seem to work no matter what Bootstrap is in the Bios folder.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for your help

I have tried different roms of the same game. The card is formatted FAT32 right before I updated the Analogue NT. I have tried 2 different SD card both small ones. Card 1 is a SanDisk Ultra II 2GB The other card is a SanDisk 1GB. I ordered some new SD cards. I am going to try some other larger SD cards in a bit.

After I down loaded the Bootstrap I extracted it to my computer the renamed it in all caps. I then copied it to my SD card BIOS folder. I also have the super Gameboy bootstrap named DMGBIOS2.BIN and tried switching between the 2.

I have tried about 30 roms and only 3 work. These Roms seem to work no matter what Bootstrap is in the Bios folder.

Thank you for your help.

Ah, so yeah, it sounds like you're doing everything right. Have you tried renaming the bootstrap in all lower case characters?

Ah, so yeah, it sounds like you're doing everything right. Have you tried renaming the bootstrap in all lower case characters?

Tried that it does not help.

Just tried another SD card. Stated with a fresh Format Fat32 with a Dane-Elec Pro200X SD HC class 10 8gb SD Card. Same thing Blue screen.

NES roms work

Game Gear roms work

Sega master system roms work

Gameboy and gamboy color does not work.

I am about to give up.

Thanks for your help.

@kevtris

I see 7800 and 2600 but no cores? was this a tease? COLECO had me smiling!! its wonderful!!! Thank you!!

On another note I seem to be having issues in the menu when various games that are loaded. The controller keeps going up when I only press up once.

One thing I noticed with this FPGA is that when you only have one controller connected in SMB3 and you start a new game it expects a second controller. On the real HW if the system only had one controller selected you would pass the controller over to the second player. Can this be fixed ? I have yet seen an emulator that gets this right, I kinda figured FPGA would.

anyway, I have more items to bring to your attention, but I will start a list, and do a little research before I post any of them.

Thanks again for telling me to wait for this! It was worth it!

@kevtris

One thing I noticed with this FPGA is that when you only have one controller connected in SMB3 and you start a new game it expects a second controller. On the real HW if the system only had one controller selected you would pass the controller over to the second player. Can this be fixed ? I have yet seen an emulator that gets this right, I kinda figured FPGA would.

Please explain this further, I don't quite understand what you're referring to

Thanks

Make sure you unzip the roms. If they are zipped, it will not work. A lot of ROM packs come with them individually zipped for some silly reason.

• Like 1

Make sure you unzip the roms. If they are zipped, it will not work. A lot of ROM packs come with them individually zipped for some silly reason.

Thanks, I have unzipped all the roms. I also have gotten individual roms, but have only found 3 Gameboy roms that work. When I get some new SD cards in the next day or 2 I am going to start fresh with a different computer. Download everything again and see if that works.

Is it normal for a game like Tetris to work with no bootstrap in the bios folder? I also randomly get a error message File not found while loading roms? If I select that rom again it will load. This has happened with every SD card I have tried.

Thank you

@kevtris

Does the Analog NT see that the controller has more than the two buttons ( Y & A )? I was hoping that I could map the buttons in menu, per game, and globally.

Feature requests:

1. Ability to create favorites

2, Core detection by file type ( cores will switch by ROM detection )

2. Cropping, Screen adjustments per game settings. This would help me sort through games like SMB3 that have effects that are normally hidden by over-scan, while maintaining games that don't have issues.

3. Button mapping. Being able to choose what buttons are used on the controller

4. Auto fire mapping

5. Ability to cross out (mark) a title in your ROM's lists. This can be for bug reporting, or just listing a game that doesn't work

6. Controller port swapping feature for 2P games that are not co-op

7. Sega Master System Sprite limit increase (Meaka does this)

8. OC feature for the NES, and SMS

Please share your thoughts on these requests, as I would think are pipe dreams and are limited by the fact this is not a computer.

I was hoping that you would share a road map, and start using GitHub, or some other avenue to bug track and accept feature requests.

Once again, I will say my family doesn't get why I would pay $800.00 CAD for a Nintendo, but each core you release, they seem to get it! They might not understand my connection with COLECO (first console I owned as a kid) but they defiantly were impressed with a few of the titles, and said they looked as good as some of the B grade NES games that were released.

Smurfs brought back so many memories, and the GFX's are still as good as I remember them.

• Like 2

@everyone

I have been experiencing issues with the 8bitdo controller that came with my Analog.

The controller will sometime not register inputs, and other times will go a direction for longer than the amount of time the direction was pressed.

This issue can mostly be detected when navigating a menu, but I have had times where the in game controls led to non-responsive movements too.

I have fully charged the game pad and re-synced it to the wireless dongle.

Anyone else having this issue? I would like to contact Analog or 8bitdo but I want to make sure its not the actual system.

Thanks!

Edited by theboy181