2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

@everyone

I have been experiencing issues with the 8bitdo controller that came with my Analog.

The controller will sometime not register inputs, and other times will go a direction for longer than the amount of time the direction was pressed.

This issue can mostly be detected when navigating a menu, but I have had times where the in game controls led to non-responsive movements too.

I have fully charged the game pad and re-synced it to the wireless dongle.

Anyone else having this issue? I would like to contact Analog or 8bitdo but I want to make sure its not the actual system.

Thanks!

Yes I got this problem to the dpad is awful on my nes30 I got a replacement but it was bad to .

When pushing the dpad it will register two inputs at the same time , for example when pushing up it will register up and right at the same time.

I have a sfc30 to from 8bitdo and that controller working as it should.

Yes I got this problem to the dpad is awful on my nes30 I got a replacement but it was bad to .

When pushing the dpad it will register two inputs at the same time , for example when pushing up it will register up and right at the same time.

I have a sfc30 to from 8bitdo and that controller working as it should.

That almost sounds like a short on the controller board, but I don't have any of those 8bitdo controllers to reference. It's almost certain that the PCB's inside these are nearly identical to each other.

Take note of what the SFC30 controller PCB looks like

(source http://muchreviews.com/index.php/8bitdo-sfc30-vs-original-snes-teardown/ )

8Bitdo-close-internal-1-e1452629149851-7

Also take note here:

http://forum.8bitdo.com/thread-446-1-1.html(8Bitdo D-Pad PCB Contacts Issue)

If you read the thread, it sounds like maybe the 8Bitdo is "supposed to" do this. Maybe get some input from a few more people with the controllers to see if maybe it's supposed to be that way?

On my NES30 controller if you press directly down it registers DOWN correctly, but the tiniest movement left or right will register DOWN-LEFT or DOWN-RIGHT, respectively. It makes games like Contra impossible to play because the difference between DOWN and DOWN-LEFT/RIGHT is the difference between ducking and standing. This causes the character to stand when you don't intend him to. Maybe I should try to exchange it?

Also, for some reason the only purpose of the custom Analogue firmware for the NES30 controller is to remove the turbo button functionality.

I really wish there was a way to enable turbo via the menu (similar to AVS), so that even a regular controller could do turbo. Some games really need it... I'm looking at you Silver Surfer!!! :)

Edited by cacophony

On my NES30 controller if you press directly down it registers DOWN correctly, but the tiniest movement left or right will register DOWN-LEFT or DOWN-RIGHT, respectively. It makes games like Contra impossible to play because the difference between DOWN and DOWN-LEFT/RIGHT is the difference between ducking and standing. This causes the character to stand when you don't intend him to. Maybe I should try to exchange it?

Also, for some reason the only purpose of the custom Analogue firmware for the NES30 controller is to remove the turbo button functionality.

I really wish there was a way to enable turbo via the menu (similar to AVS), so that even a regular controller could take advantage of it.

I can't even beat the first level of contra because my guy constantly stands up when trying to crouch etc. Is this an issue with all of their nes style controllers? If not I need a refund as well!

Eeyup!

Played through the whole game!

Looks like there's some variation with the NES30 then.

But to be honest, I think I still would prefer a wired controller due to the reduced lag. Zero lag one of the biggest benefits of using an FPGA, so adding lag back into the console chain (even if it's just a small amount) seems wrong. Plus it's nice not having to keep yet another controller charged.

Edited by cacophony

Looks like there's some variation with the NES30 then.

But to be honest, I think I still would prefer a wired controller due to the reduced lag. Zero lag one of the biggest benefits of using an FPGA, so adding lag back into the console chain (even if it's just a small amount) seems wrong. Plus it's nice not having to keep yet another controller charged.

I just tried again.

I think I see what you mean.

It can be touchy on the diagonal downs

It's that time again: New Firmware Friday! This time, I have added the Atari 2600 core. It is a very full featured core, able to run nearly anything.

It supports the following things:

2K non-bankswitched

2K with 1K of RAM (magicard, video life)

4K non-bankswitched

8K F8 normal bankswitching

8K F8 and superchip RAM

8K parker bros

8K tigervision

8K UA bankswitching

8K activision

10-11K pitfall 2 (DPC)

12K RAM+

16K F6 normal bankswitching

16K + superchip RAM

16K M-network

24K FA2

32K F4 normal bankswitching

32K F4 + superchip RAM

64K dynacom

It also supports some newer mappers:

tigervision + RAM (boulder dash)

econobanking

EF bankswitching

X07 bankswitching

superbanking

The Supercharger is fully supported, including the demo unit.

This core is extremely extensive, so please read the including readme in the 2600 directory. You will have to change the file extension on some games

to select the bankswitching mode for them.

There's partial atarivox support (speech).

http://blog.kevtris.org/blogfiles/ntm_firmware_verJB1.3.zip

Enjoy!

Oh yeah, I fixed a couple bugs in the NES core, too. Specifically mapper 163 so that pokemon yellow game now appears to be fully playable, and the pitch sweeps which should fix that test rom and punch out SFX.

• Like 11

It's that time again: New Firmware Friday! This time, I have added the Atari 2600 core. It is a very full featured core, able to run nearly anything.

Oh yeah, I fixed a couple bugs in the NES core, too. Specifically mapper 163 so that pokemon yellow game now appears to be fully playable, and the pitch sweeps which should fix that test rom and punch out SFX.

Awesome, thanks so much kevtris! Another great way to start the weekend.

It supports the following things:

2K non-bankswitched

2K with 1K of RAM (magicard, video life)

4K non-bankswitched

8K F8 normal bankswitching

8K F8 and superchip RAM

8K parker bros

8K tigervision

8K UA bankswitching

8K activision

10-11K pitfall 2 (DPC)

12K RAM+

16K F6 normal bankswitching

16K + superchip RAM

16K M-network

24K FA2

32K F4 normal bankswitching

32K F4 + superchip RAM

64K dynacom

It also supports some newer mappers:

tigervision + RAM (boulder dash)

econobanking

EF bankswitching

X07 bankswitching

superbanking

The Supercharger is fully supported, including the demo unit.

This core is extremely extensive, so please read the including readme in the 2600 directory. You will have to change the file extension on some games

to select the bankswitching mode for them.

There's partial atarivox support (speech).

http://blog.kevtris.org/blogfiles/ntm_firmware_verJB1.3.zip

Enjoy!

Those atarivox Bios files are very difficult to find.

Oh yeah, to head off the impending bug reports, the "rom hunter" 2600 ROM pack (which is what I used) has a lot of non-ASCII characters in the filenames. This causes the menu to show "funny" characters (like flashing ones). This is not a bug. This is more a wart.

I will fix this in the future by filtering those maybe. This is normal behavior though. If you want it fixed now you can edit the filenames. Examples would be Pele's soccer where the 'e' is an e with a doodad on top.

• Like 1

Man so what's the deal with the Mini NTs? Still waiting for stock. :P

attachicon.gifImage1.jpg

Same here. Nearly 2 weeks ago they said they would have more in 10 days. A few days ago they said they were just being taken off the ship. They're supposed to send out a newsletter stating when they'll be back but I still reload the page a few times a day in blind hope...

@everyone

I have been experiencing issues with the 8bitdo controller that came with my Analog.

The controller will sometime not register inputs, and other times will go a direction for longer than the amount of time the direction was pressed.

This issue can mostly be detected when navigating a menu, but I have had times where the in game controls led to non-responsive movements too.

I have fully charged the game pad and re-synced it to the wireless dongle.

Anyone else having this issue? I would like to contact Analog or 8bitdo but I want to make sure its not the actual system.

Thanks!

Seriously, FUCK 8Btido's controllers. The d-pad is an absolute nightmare where you need to hold down or up (Castlevania, Contra, Mega-Man 3, Super Mario) I scoured the internet looking for a fix, and even removed a d pad from an OEM NES Controller to swap with the NES30, and it actually made things worse. What i finally figured out was that I could sync my Wii Remote with the Retro receiver and plug in a Classic controller. The classic controller works flawlessly. I tried plugging in an SNES controller through a Wii Remote adapter, but for some reason it won't recognize the select button when it's pushed. I also tried hooking up an NES controller to my wii remote, but because the wii remote registers all external controllers as classic controllers, you can't play any games (as Classic Controllers/the Analogue NT use Y/B as the main inputs instead of A/B on the NES controller). Also, I agree with the other posters talking about how Contra is unplayable with the NES30. To all of you saying the NES30 is fine, try playing Contra and get back to us here at the forum. Honestly, since I synced my wii remote with my NT Mini, I haven't touched my NES30(s) (I stupidly bought an extra one so I could have two wireless controllers). Also, for the record, I was experiencing this same issue on my original NES long before I got my NT Mini, so it is not an Analogue problem, but an 8Bitdo hardware problem (their PCB contacts are bullshit)

@Kevtris

What do you recommend in terms of wireless controllers for the NES?

Edited by Dweezicus

Been Using my SPC30 8bitdo controller instead, and the up works way better than the NES30. Thanks for the recommendation!

The issue I'm having is more of a loss of BT connectivity.. I'm wondering if others are having these issues too. Since it happens on both the SPC30 and the NES30 I'm thinking that the issue is with the BT receiver connected to the NT-mini. Im going to see if its a voltage issue from the NT-mini by powering the thing with the USB cable, but I was wondering if any of you have updated the device, and saw improvements ?

• Like 1