IGNORED

103 Shrink-Wrapped Intellivision Games or 105?

BBWW

By my count there are 103 or 105 of the 125 that came shrink-wrapped if you count the CBS style Coleco Games. Were Dextell games Championship Tennis and World Cup Soccer Shrink-wrapped? I have them that way but they may be retail wrapping? That would make 105 titles that came shrink wrapped.

I need your help.

I need a shrink-wrapped Fathom from Imagic.

I need a shrink-wrapped Pitfall from Activision. ( I have a new sealed in box,)

I need a shrink-wrapped Blockade Runner from Interphase,

I need a shrink-wrappedTurbo for Coleco / CBS

I have NIB versions of all US Coleco Intellivision Games and a few other tough ones NIB or Mint AS NEW games like Diner, Digdug, Thin Ice, Tower of Doom, Pole Position and Chipshot Golf.

I have both copies of Space Battle, Demon Attack and Masters of the Universe. I don't have an AtariSoft Version of PacMan but have soon access to one. Doubles versions I'm not counting but I would like the PacMan from AtariSoft. I have most of the Baseball varients shrink wrapped.

Anybody have any of these to sell or trade? I can include in the Trade a clean copy for a sealed copy or NIB (Mint) copy. With the open tab boxes we can only really call them MINT In Box.

I will pay a fair price.

Is it possible to simply get a sealer off of craigslist or eBay and reseal all the games?

no one would be the wiser - place one of these on each shoulder and decide: |:) :evil:

playing devil's advocate here > if someone were to do that and shipped you a sealed box of garbage and you never opened it, then how do you confirm you got what you paid for?

Do you make a pin prick hole and see if it has that new cartridge smell inside?

Just curious is all...

I have at least one sealed game with store tag on it and it was slashed down to something like 99 cents during the crash.

By my count there are 103 or 105 of the 125 that came shrink-wrapped if you count the CBS style Coleco Games. Were Dextell games Championship Tennis and World Cup Soccer Shrink-wrapped? I have them that way but they may be retail wrapping? That would make 105 titles that came shrink wrapped.

I need your help.

I need a shrink-wrapped Fathom from Imagic.

I need a shrink-wrapped Pitfall from Activision. ( I have a new sealed in box,)

I need a shrink-wrapped Blockade Runner from Interphase,

I need a shrink-wrappedTurbo for Coleco / CBS

I have NIB versions of all US Coleco Intellivision Games and a few other tough ones NIB or Mint AS NEW games like Diner, Digdug, Thin Ice, Tower of Doom, Pole Position and Chipshot Golf.

I have both copies of Space Battle, Demon Attack and Masters of the Universe. I don't have an AtariSoft Version of PacMan but have soon access to one. Doubles versions I'm not counting but I would like the PacMan from AtariSoft. I have most of the Baseball varients shrink wrapped.

Anybody have any of these to sell or trade? I can include in the Trade a clean copy for a sealed copy or NIB (Mint) copy. With the open tab boxes we can only really call them MINT In Box.

I will pay a fair price.

My Championship Tennis is shrink-wrapped it's gotta be original, my Soccer is not so I don't know there.My Atarisoft Pacman is shrink-wrapped as well as Defender and Centipede.

Man, have I seen a shrink-wrapped Pitfall? I hope this info helps! :)

Is it possible to simply get a sealer off of craigslist or eBay and reseal all the games?

no one would be the wiser - place one of these on each shoulder and decide: | :) :evil:

playing devil's advocate here > if someone were to do that and shipped you a sealed box of garbage and you never opened it, then how do you confirm you got what you paid for?

Just curious is all...

I have at least one sealed game with store tag on it and it was slashed down to something like 99 cents during the crash.

I think that is all Devil thinking as far as the advocate goes! Not fair collecting practices for those that have been collecting by the collectors manual, and book so to speak for years.

That is true in all regards, except for putting the angel and devil on your shoulders to hear each argument as you decide which road to go down

I am certainly not condoning it, as it is not in my nature to deceive like this. It is just something that has crossed my mind thru the years as something that can happen to fellow collectors of anything; not just INTV stuff.

Yes all the Atari Soft were Shrink-wrapped and I'm glad to get confirmation of Championship Tennis. I will say I think that World Cup Soccer Shrink-Wrap is for real so 105 Games stands.

no one would be the wiser - place one of these on each shoulder and decide: | :) :evil:

Just curious is all...

Yes this has been done and I have busted people of Ebay for it. If you have other games you can tell by the type of seal and where the seams are.

I have a shrink-wrapped Pitfall with a store sticker underneath the wrap. Did I buy that from you! :evil:

Edited by BBWW

I think it's the opposite on the Activision games, the early ones you tend to not find shrink wrapped (Pitfall and Stampede), but the rest you can more readily find shrink wrapped. As for CBS Turbo I don't think I've ever seen it shrink wrapped like the rest of the CBS versions, but rather just sealed. Also both Champ Tennis and WC Soccer definitely came both shrink wrapped and not as I have cases of both.

I think it's the opposite on the Activision games, the early ones you tend to not find shrink wrapped (Pitfall and Stampede), but the rest you can more readily find shrink wrapped. As for CBS Turbo I don't think I've ever seen it shrink wrapped like the rest of the CBS versions, but rather just sealed. Also both Champ Tennis and WC Soccer definitely came both shrink wrapped and not as I have cases of both.

Hummm, that is interesting, but so many more non shrink-wraps of Pitfall and Stampede exist on the market right now.

There was a Sealed CBS Turbo on eBay a month or two back. I was broke then. Sadly.

Thanks

Hummm, that is interesting, but so many more non shrink-wraps of Pitfall and Stampede exist on the market right now.

There was a Sealed CBS Turbo on eBay a month or two back. I was broke then. Sadly.

Thanks

Lol! I think we're saying the same thing. Pitfall is really hard to find shrink wrapped and Worm Whomper is fairly easy.

I didn't see that Turbo...any link? How much did it go for?

Lol! I think we're saying the same thing. Pitfall is really hard to find shrink wrapped and Worm Whomper is fairly easy.

I didn't see that Turbo...any link? How much did it go for?

I looked for a link, It might have been eBay Italy. I think it went from around $300.00

Fortunately these carts are well-nigh indestructible, and sealing does nothing to protect the flimsy cardboard inside (witness the amount of sealed but crushed games we see on Ebay all the time).

Paying for plastic is a fool's errand. The real value in a shrink-wrapped game is opening it to see exactly which manual/catalog/overlay/box/cart variants actually came together (as opposed to the franken-CIB we see all the time), but of course no one actually opens their museum pieces anymore, because speculation! We need some sort of NDT or X-Ray to determine the content of sealed games, then at least they'd serve a purpose without upsetting the lucite crowd.

• Like 1

It is definitely something that one should be aware of. You must trust your source very well, especially if they know you are a collector and expect you to keep the boxes sealed. You would not be the first one to have uttered this thought out loud.

Personally, I open my sealed games to play them (unless I have multiple copies, but then what do I care). I also don't go for the rare and expensive stuff, so I'm at low risk.

As for selling games, I would never EVER even consider doing something like that, doesn't matter if the box will ever be a trophy on a shelf. I have very strong principles about that. However, knowing that it is possible and probable that someone out there has done this gives me pause when selling a sealed game: how do I establish trust with my customer for them to be sure that buying from me is safe? How can I assure them that they will get what they expect without forcing them to break the seal? It's a tough question, but certainly a worthy one to ask. :)

-dZ.

It might very well be a fools errand in your eyes.

We defiantly view collecting in a different manner. This is a hobby. To me the real value is whatever I want it to be. I really like having these new. Will I make money on them. I could for many of them but that is not my point. I collect with my son, we have many memories around Intellivision and this is how we keep it alive. So the main value of collecting sealed games are the hours my son and I spend putting together the finest collection we can.

It's like coin collecting. You have degrees of wear, poor, good, fine and mint. Then you have Uncirculated and Proof.

As players my son and I already are already Platinum in open boxes. We only collect Intellivision so when we started upgrading the condition of our collection we bought NIB when we could. We don't need to open the boxes because we already have open ones. Now we rarely need to go to a box at all with our Ultimate Flash Backs and Cuttle Cart 3. But some games we don't have ROM's for yet.

I think collecting 35 year old video games is pretty damn foolish to begin with, and we are a forum filled with fools.

Paying for plastic is a fool's errand.

Edited by BBWW
  • Like 2

It's like coin collecting. You have degrees of wear, poor, good, fine and mint. Then you have Uncirculated and Proof.

Except in coin collecting, the coin isn't hidden behind opaque cardboard so that you have to trust that it's actually new, without ever being able to prove it. You can clearly inspect the condition for yourself. Which of course just opens up the question as to what we're collecting - a game or a box. :P

I say it's a fool's errand (to pay specifically for the plastic) because shrinkwrap is so darned easy to fake, and it doesn't actually do all that much to protect the contents. I'd take a "mint" condition opened box over a crushed sealed box, any day of the week - maybe that's just me.

We're probably not such different collectors as you might imagine - I have a few sealed games and I think it's kinda neat to have them. And given a choice - and all else being equal - sure, I'd take a sealed copy over an unsealed. I just wouldn't pay much of a premium for it. Not that it came sealed, but I sure as shit wouldn't pay an extra $500 for a piece of plastic wrapped around a Spiker. I suspect based on box prices that most people would. But this is a hobby for me, not an investment.

Edit: of course, if you're willing to pay extra for slabbed and graded games then we're definitely very different collectors ;)

After a while, you get pretty good at identifying the shrink of different manufacturers. A sad skill, I admit. One thing we can help each other with is uploading photos of sealed games from companies other than Mattel and Imagic. So, if we can find multiple examples of a sealed Pitfall!, then we would have a better idea of whether the shrink came from the factory.

• Like 1

Except in coin collecting, the coin isn't hidden behind opaque cardboard so that you have to trust that it's actually new, without ever being able to prove it. You can clearly inspect the condition for yourself. Which of course just opens up the question as to what we're collecting - a game or a box. :P

I say it's a fool's errand (to pay specifically for the plastic) because shrinkwrap is so darned easy to fake, and it doesn't actually do all that much to protect the contents. I'd take a "mint" condition opened box over a crushed sealed box, any day of the week - maybe that's just me.

We're probably not such different collectors as you might imagine - I have a few sealed games and I think it's kinda neat to have them. And given a choice - and all else being equal - sure, I'd take a sealed copy over an unsealed. I just wouldn't pay much of a premium for it. Not that it came sealed, but I sure as shit wouldn't pay an extra $500 for a piece of plastic wrapped around a Spiker. I suspect based on box prices that most people would. But this is a hobby for me, not an investment.

Edit: of course, if you're willing to pay extra for slabbed and graded games then we're definitely very different collectors ;)

Clearly as any hardcore collectors knows,the mentioned Spiker! and mostly all INTV games were never, ever shrinkwrapped. If it ever happens that those games are ever shrinkwrapped I hope the maybe 20 of us that actually know the difference would speak up and point that out.Hobby for me too, that is why I value the integrity of it.Too much chatter lately about how easy it is to wrap a game and fool collectors. Easy....yet so wrong.

It is kinda sad and worrisome to me that so many comments are made about the potential on faking wrapped games. I would hope people would spend there time chasing and pursuing the actual treasure that was released the way it was... Carry on everyone, good day! :)