klasko54

I have the dsk image. Is there an updated image to use? Also, how do you clear the high score screen? And lastly, has anyone been able to make VirtualAdam work in Windows 10? It worked fine in Windows 7 but when I updated to 10, there are graphic errors on boot up, etc.

Thanks

Chuck

I have the dsk image. Is there an updated image to use? Also, how do you clear the high score screen? And lastly, has anyone been able to make VirtualAdam work in Windows 10? It worked fine in Windows 7 but when I updated to 10, there are graphic errors on boot up, etc.

Thanks

Chuck

I suggest you to try CoolCV, it's a Colecovision emulator with some ADAM support :) http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240800-coolcv-emulator-for-mac-os-x-linux-and-windows/

• Like 1

I've tried your CoolCV and it is coooool :) The Adam supergames work pretty well but Adam Bomb 1 and 2 won't work. I haven't tried many others yet.

Thanks

Chuck

I have the manual for the Adam version of grog. I have read the whole thing, and no where in there does it indicate how to clear the hall of fame list.

NEW GROGS SUPER GAME MODIFICATION...

Thanks to nanochess, another modification has been found...

Step 1) use filemanager to goto block 9 sector 0.

step 2) find blk 22

step 3) change the 3D to 00.

This modification gives you infinite lives, witch is the only hope for ever solving this game. Evan with unlimited lives, this game is so hard, you'll be at it for a while.

THANKS TO OSCAR TELEDO FOR THESE INSTRUCTONS.

I've tried your CoolCV and it is coooool :) The Adam supergames work pretty well but Adam Bomb 1 and 2 won't work. I haven't tried many others yet.

I'll check them.

Oscar, do you know how to clear the hall of fame list on Grogs super game?

No idea. I'll give a look later just for curiosity.

To all that want to know, the above modification adds a great pause feature. Just stop playing, you'll never die, and always start at the level your on. Also, if you stop playing in any cave, and hit a stalagmite, you always start in the same cave! Just like a save point. Very cool game with infinite lives.

Thanks

Chuck

Ok. I figured it out. There is no way to erase the hall of fame list traditionaly, but, if you go to the edit block feature in filemanager AND choose block 3 sector 2, switch to ascii (Tab key), and clear all the names you see using the spacebar, it nicely clears all the names and scores. I also tested replaying the game, and saving a score, and it works like a charm

Edited by klasko54

TO ALL...

Ok. I figured out how to clear the hall of fame list. There is no way to erase the hall of fame traditionaly, but, if you go to the edit block feature in filemanager, choose block 3 sector 2, switch to ascii(Tab key), and clear all the names you see using the spacebar, it nicely clears all the names and scores. I also tested replaying the game, and saving a score, and it works like a charm

• Like 1

And lastly, has anyone been able to make VirtualAdam work in Windows 10? It worked fine in Windows 7 but when I updated to 10, there are graphic errors on boot up, etc.

While this could just be ADAMem showing it's age, it could possibly be caused by the version of DOSbox (v0.72) that is supplied with Virtual ADAM. I would check to see if there have been any updates to DOSbox since this one and if so, download it and test things out. If there have been multiple updates to DOSbox since v0.72, you might want to download each individual update and then try each of them from the oldest first to the newest last in order to see what the results may be.

Both ADAM Bomb 1 and ADAM Bomb 2 require at least a 64K Memory Expander to be installed in Slot #3 and seeing as I haven't had a lot of free time of late, I haven't been able to try out the ADAM emulation in CoolCV. Does CoolCV support Expansion RAM, Nanochess?

WARNING! Exercice extreme caution while testing Adam Bomb 2. The game is EXTREMELY addictive! ;)

That statement couldn't be more correct... once you start playing it, you will be hooked. Thank heavens there's a savegame feature seeing as you will never play through this game in it's entirety in one sitting even if you have the world map provided by Steve.

WARNING! Exercice extreme caution while testing Adam Bomb 2. The game is EXTREMELY addictive! ;)

That statement couldn't be more correct... once you start playing it, you will be hooked. Thank heavens there's a savegame feature seeing as you will never play through this game in it's entirety in one sitting even if you have the world map provided by Steve.

Roughly two years ago, I was actually in talks with Mystery Man to port Adam Bomb 2 to cartridge format. But those talks fell into limbo once I discovered the memory requirements of the game. I suppose it could be possible to use my Activision PCB in 64K bankswitched mode together with a 32K EEPROM (i.e. the same configuration used by Boxxle) in conjunction with the SGM, but that would probably require a pretty large rewrite of the original software. Mystery Man would probably charge a lot of money to do it (and Steve Pitman could also want a piece of the pie, which would drive up the price of the game even more) and even with Mystery Man's expertise at work, there's no guarantee the conversion project would end in success.

Still, Adam Bomb 2 in cartridge format would be downright glorious, although if I could, I'd ask Steve for permission to change the game's name, because I think "Adam Bomb 2" sounds a little weird, from a pure marketing point of view. I would change the name to "Adam Bomber" or something similar. :)

• Like 1

Both ADAM Bomb 1 and ADAM Bomb 2 require at least a 64K Memory Expander to be installed in Slot #3 and seeing as I haven't had a lot of free time of late, I haven't been able to try out the ADAM emulation in CoolCV. Does CoolCV support Expansion RAM, Nanochess?

Oh, I see :) CoolCV doesn't provide Expansion RAM yet ;)