2600 Missile Command is one of the few games that still gives me the same experience that I remember from the first time I played. The graphics are exciting, and the sound adds to the urgency of the game. Then we have the ending, which is actually one of the things that keeps me coming back for another play, rather than leaving me disappointed at having lost. Very cool(and frightening.)

I can also usually round up a second player, as MC is very approachable and frankly plays great with a joystick, but it still 'needs' a trakball. =D

• Like 2

#Winning!

And if Dave Staugus' (sic) 5-Spider Millipede ever surfaces, ya'll want to add Trak-Ball support to it too, assuming the kernel isn't overloaded. :)

Five (5) Spiders onscreen simultaneously?! Why have I never heard of this? How about make a homebrew game that combines the Milliipede engine with Spider Fighter? That would be boss... 8)

Five (5) Spiders onscreen simultaneously?! Why have I never heard of this? How about make a homebrew game that combines the Milliipede engine with Spider Fighter? That would be boss... 8)

There's talk of it elsewhere here on AA and over at Facebook. Dave apparently made it for his coworkers at Atari Inc/Corp.

I’ve scored over 350,000 with Trak-Ball Millipede and the Difficulty was still going up.

4 spiders, multiple fleas, etc. are already super challenging.

• Like 2

Omegamatrix & Thomas,

Are any more trak-ball hacks in the works? I'm looking for the GCC Millipede (prototype) to be hacked. ;-)

Cool. We could conceivably end up with *3* different versions of Millipede for the 2600 and hopefully all of them eventually enhanced for Trak-Ball support...

It's been a long time... doesn't Spider Fighter only move left-right? Or am I thinking of Mega Mania, or both? Either way, I can see why you'd want to mod it for multiple movement directions. I mean, 5200 Galaxian and Space Invaders due play well on the CX53 Trak-Ball, but even I'd prefer to use a Paddle on 'em.

As for Dave, let me spell his last name correctly: Staugas. I had no idea he worked on Hover Strike for the Jag... I'm seeing him listed as having done 7800 Rampage for Activision. And Krull and Millipede on the 2600. And Atari Corp's version of DRI's GEM GUI [and GEMDOS underneath it] for the ST and NEOchrome for it too, of course... one of the few Atari Inc employees who carried over to Atari Corp. He doesn't seem to have much of an online presence...

• 3 weeks later...

Today is PART ONE of our Trak-Ball Games Special LIVE on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch stream (Jan 2, 2019) at 11AM PT/2PM ET. Hope you can make it to watch us play the first five of ten of the trak-ball cart releases on the show, if not it'll posted to our YouTube archive tomorrow.

We'll be playing the other five new trak-ball releases LIVE on Friday's stream. :-)

Today's Games:

- Plaque Attack (Trak-Ball Hack) by Thomas Jentzsch
- Centipede (Trak-Ball Hack) by Thomas Jentzsch
- Colony 7 (Trak-Ball Hack) by Thomas Jentzsch
- Missile Control (Trak-Ball Hack) by Thomas Jentzsch
- Star Wars The Arcade Game (Trak-Ball Hack) by Jeff Johnson aka Omegamatrix

Twitch Livestream Channel: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew

post-37205-0-95712600-1546447440_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Today is PART TWO of our Trak-Ball Games Special LIVE on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch stream (Jan 4, 2019) at 6PM PT/9PM ET. Hope you can make it to watch us play the other five of ten of the trak-ball cart releases on the show, if not it'll posted to our YouTube archive tomorrow.

Today's Games:

Millipede (2015 Trak-Ball Hack) by Jeff Johnson
Reactor (2015 Trak-Ball Hack) by Thomas Jentzsch
Challenge of Nexar, The (2015 Trak-Ball Hack) by Thomas Jentzsch
SpaceMaster X-7 (2016 Trak-Ball Hack) by Jeff Johnson
Missile Command (2002 Trak-Ball Hack) by Thomas Jentzsch

Twitch Livestream Channel: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew

post-37205-0-26989300-1546629586_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

If Stelladaptor is the same as original 2600daptor, it can only use joystick, paddles and driving controller. 2600daptor 2 and D9 can use trackball/mouse in true mode. I think 2600daptor 2 can only use one mouse button D9 can maybe use more than one button.

I added a link on the first post for Bob Colbert's homebrew, Stell-A-Sketch. This homebrew uses an Amiga Mouse, Atari Mouse, Driving Controller, or a Joystick!

Pretty cool! icon_smile.gif

Really? I missed that until now. icon_smile.gif

Or, more likely, I forgot... :ponder:

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch