IGNORED

PRGE 2015 - The convention pictures thread!

Rev

Too bad I didn't introduce myself to you and CMart. I believe the game CMart bought was a boxed game and was a variant he didn't have. It was a made in (I don't remember which country). If I had known it was him I would have traded him for a boxed copy of Fathom :)

I've vended at PRGE for the last couple of years, once I was over 15K items in my collection i decided I was becoming a hoarder. Trying to get back to being a player/collector. Trying to thin out what I collect because it got to the point where I was collecting for everything.

Cool, I'll be there next year, hopefully with something interesting. I hope you are back next year, I think I'm going to grab more led handhelds like the Tandy ones I saw on your table. I can relate to the hoarding, at one point I had over 500 batmobiles... Edited by Tarzilla

Too bad I didn't introduce myself to you and CMart. I believe the game CMart bought was a boxed game and was a variant he didn't have. It was a made in (I don't remember which country). If I had known it was him I would have traded him for a boxed copy of Fathom :)

I've vended at PRGE for the last couple of years, once I was over 15K items in my collection i decided I was becoming a hoarder. Trying to get back to being a player/collector. Trying to thin out what I collect because it got to the point where I was collecting for everything.

Lol! I knew who you were Charles. ? I meant to come back on Sunday to buy some of your arcade board games but ended up driving home Sunday instead of Monday.

• Like 1

These pics are from my tables

Sonofa... I picked up an AES on Sunday, and earlier you had a CIB Blue's Journey for $65. I rushed back, but of course someone snapped it up. It's one of the few I actually want to, you know, play, that's reasonably affordable. I would have said "hi" if I had known it was you. You had a ton of neat stuff but I was keeping the purchasing to a minimum (he says after buying the most expensive mainstream console in history).

Also: minor thing, but some of your pricing was confusing. Like that Tandyvision in the pics - was it $50 or $60? I realize I could just ask, but I know from experience (I did comic cons for years) that a lot of people won't bother.

Also I'm surprised no one's posted this yet:

http://www.today.com/video/everything-old-is-new-again-even-video-games-551518275743

Today show had a piece on it. I didn't spot me or the wife, but cool to see national news talking about it. It reinforces my belief that PRGE is well on its way to becoming "THE" retro gaming expo. I saw the big pro cameras but wasn't sure if it was news or the documentary crew.

• Like 1

At about 1:55 the presenter says "But why are these old games so popular now?" while focusing on Scramble, an upcoming homebrew for the 2600 on the AA stand. Mainstream news reporting at its best!

To be fair, at least they weren't showing a PS2 game. I consider a homebrew on the screen pretty impressive. There are probably 300 people on the planet who'd know them apart by sight ;)

Sonofa... I picked up an AES on Sunday, and earlier you had a CIB Blue's Journey for $65. I rushed back, but of course someone snapped it up. It's one of the few I actually want to, you know, play, that's reasonably affordable. I would have said "hi" if I had known it was you. You had a ton of neat stuff but I was keeping the purchasing to a minimum (he says after buying the most expensive mainstream console in history).

Also: minor thing, but some of your pricing was confusing. Like that Tandyvision in the pics - was it $50 or $60? I realize I could just ask, but I know from experience (I did comic cons for years) that a lot of people won't bother.

I had lowered prices, didn't get around to removing the old tags. So yes it was $50. I'm not big on selling, so I'm pretty lazy :)

I had lowered prices, didn't get around to removing the old tags. So yes it was $50. I'm not big on selling, so I'm pretty lazy :)

I hear ya :) I was happy with most of your prices either way, I was just taking it easy on the wallet (and luggage). And still mad at myself for passing up on the AES carts you had.