IGNORED

Intellivision worth getting?

thetallguy24

Well I got this lot off eBay. It all works. $58. I do alright?

you did alright. The atari joystick wont work on it though. Unless you get a system changer for the atari games and have someone like me mod that particular system to be able to use that system changer. A light scrub with a damp mr clean magic eraser will remove the rest of the gold off of the lettering if you want your system to look clean. I did it on mine so it doesnt look crappy now.

post-30773-0-91570500-1446528362_thumb.jpeg

Edited by pimpmaul69

I'm considering one just to play Christmas carol vs the ghost of christmas presents . After listening to the intellivisionaries podcast with the programmer and how much he loves this game I really want to play it.

Awww... You know, it's not the same, but you can play it on emulation for free. At least you get to check it out. I hope you enjoy it. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

Awww... You know, it's not the same, but you can play it on emulation for free. At least you get to check it out. I hope you enjoy it. :)

-dZ.

I didn't realize you were the programmer that I was listening to on the intellivisionaries podcast until I looked at your profile. I really enjoy christmas themed games, especially for older consoles. Thanks for your hard work and patience! This looks like a great game! I hope to compete in a high score contest if there is going to be another one this year. I look forward to playing the sequel if you decide to make one. Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 1

I didn't realize you were the programmer that I was listening to on the intellivisionaries podcast until I looked at your profile. I really enjoy christmas themed games, especially for older consoles. Thanks for your hard work and patience! This looks like a great game! I hope to compete in a high score contest if there is going to be another one this year. I look forward to playing the sequel if you decide to make one.

Yes, that was my nerdy, overzealous self in that interview. :dunce: I hope you get a chance to play the game and enjoy it. I also love Christmas-themed games.

There will be another Carol vs. The World! Championship this year, as per tradition, so I hope to see you there. :)

-dZ.

• Like 4

Yes, that was my nerdy, overzealous self in that interview. :dunce: I hope you get a chance to play the game and enjoy it. I also love Christmas-themed games.

There will be another Carol vs. The World! Championship this year, as per tradition, so I hope to see you there. :)

-dZ.

Will this be the year that Rev and I actually post scores? (And in doing so officially lose to a number of sub 10 year old children)

• Like 1

-dZ.

Well, I would love to join this tradition.. but the sadness of not owning a copy of this game... oh how I wonder if Santa and the elves can leave one under my tree this year.....

• Like 1

Will this be the year that Rev and I actually post scores? (And in doing so officially lose to a number of sub 10 year old children)

I hope! Here's a thought: How about if I create a "kiddy-pool" category so that you guys can waddle your feet without too much risk of getting splashed over by the big boys? :lol:

Seriously, everybody should post at least one score. It doesn't hurt, and it can get you a patch (or a certificate of achievement). :)

-dZ.

Well, I would love to join this tradition.. but the sadness of not owning a copy of this game... oh how I wonder if Santa and the elves can leave one under my tree this year.....

Get the ROM, it's free:

http://www.carolvsghost.com/getrom

It comes pre-packaged with an emulator and everything. No excuses. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1