Metal Slug

Shinobi

D3K

a good vertical shooter

Double Dragon

Piggy Bank 2 - with a kids mode

Two player (at the same time) Ms. Nightstalker

or

Ms. Nightstalker type game with atmosphere of Tutankham, where you need to hit switches or collect keys to open doors / new areas to hunt down relics, gold, etc. before going to the end of the level. You would have similar bullet management, and sort of a puzzle feel to the levels. Just don't make the levels too big. i.e. no more than 1-2 minutes per level. Perhaps have little traps, that if you go a certain way then scorpions attack you, but if you go another route they don't.

• Like 1

Classics:

H.E.R.O.

Bezerk (with voice)

Wizard Of Wor (with voice)

Scramble

The Legend Of Zelda

Fort Apocalypse

Raid On Bungeling Bay

It's hard to think of a new concept for a game. But I can think of some games that are inspired by classic games but have their own twists:

An action adventure like Zelda, but with a few new game mechanics like EXP.

A side scrolling shooter like Scramble but with extra weapons like R-Type.

On the C64 is a homebrew scene with quite a few unique games, like Soulless, Super Bread Box, Trance Sector, Darkness... Maybe they can give some inspiration.

Edited by Intymike

Tough to come up with totally new ideas, plus like music - often hard to enjoy when it's totally new and different than what you're used to or expecting.

That said, it's fun to compare versions sometimes too. I'd love to see top notch versions of:

Turtles

Wizard of Wor (w/ speech)

Targ

Zookeeper

Bagman

Galaga

Castlevania

Super Mario Bros.

Contra

Kaos

Re: a totally new and original game, something with a haunted house theme would be awesome. But please, dear God, NO MORE freaking puzzle games! :lol:

• Like 1

Here's something original, if you like board games:

Khet 2.0

The INTV game should have settings for using, or not using, the optional Eye of Horus upgrade, and the ability to select among all the various default starting layouts and maybe an option to create your own starting layout.

This was going to be one of my first big games if I able to get into IntyBasic programming, but I'd be lost on how to do the AI for playing against the computer, especially if I need to do a weak/medium/strong computer selection.

If you've never heard of this game, the game is sold in stores/amazon and there is a phone app, too.

Here's something original, if you like board games:

Khet 2.0

The INTV game should have settings for using, or not using, the optional Eye of Horus upgrade, and the ability to select among all the various default starting layouts and maybe an option to create your own starting layout.

This was going to be one of my first big games if I able to get into IntyBasic programming, but I'd be lost on how to do the AI for playing against the computer, especially if I need to do a weak/medium/strong computer selection.

If you've never heard of this game, the game is sold in stores/amazon and there is a phone app, too.

Hmm... cloning a game that already exists on other platforms is hardly "original"... I'm just sayin'...

In no particular order. This is what I would like to see.

1. H.E.R.O. - groovys rocketeer

2. Smurf Rescue in Gargamel's Castle (supposed to have been released for it) rom has been released i seen in some thread

3. Berzerk see gif above

4. Mario Bros - one day....

5. Moon Patrol - left turn only released space patrol

6. Tron (arcade) - one day....

7. Gorf no idea

8. Wizard of Wor no idea

9. Missle Command interesting :ponder:

10. Rally-X one day....

In no particular order. This is what I would like to see.

1. H.E.R.O.

2. Smurf Rescue in Gargamel's Castle (supposed to have been released for it)

3. Berzerk

4. Mario Bros

5. Moon Patrol

6. Tron (arcade)

7. Gorf

8. Wizard of Wor

9. Missle Command

10. Rally-X

Smurf rom was posted under different name.

Space Patrol is very much like Moon Patrol.

Smurf rom was posted under different name.

Sydney Hunter... one instance where the hack/change in graphics to a much better theme was welcomed vs. playing some silly Smurf game into your 30's, 40's and onward. Don't think too many were butt hurt over the change. :lol:

Besides, always have it on the 2600 if anyone needs to get their guilty pleasure Smurfy fix on. :grin:

• Like 1

2. A new music game loosely based on piano hero. Match the piano keys as they come down. Plenty of great 8-bit music.

Melody Blaster? Not familiar w/ Piano Hero.

3. Earthquake game. Your view is a large city skyline with an array of different bldgs. An earthquake hits and shatters tons of windows. Go against a timer trying to replace broken windows. You control a little man that climbs the bldgs. Birds and other obstacles try and prevent you from doing job.

Super Pro Hard Hat?

5. Mountain climber. Control a guy climbing a mountain. 2d side view. Scrolling screen. Elements and nature against you. Reach the top of the mountain.

Super Pro King of the Mountain?