IGNORED

BurgerTime

VectorGamer

Never heard of a cartridge failing like that... you using a Y-adapter (2-player), Wico adapter or TI joysticks?

As suggested above, try switching the joystick port. Like the blessed C64, always good to leave two joysticks plugged into these machines. You never know which port a given game is going to use! :mad:

Never heard of a cartridge failing like that... you using a Y-adapter (2-player), Wico adapter or TI joysticks?

As suggested above, try switching the joystick port. Like the blessed C64, always good to leave two joysticks plugged into these machines. You never know which port a given game is going to use! :mad:

I'm using the TI joysticks. I don't know what you mean by switching joystick ports there is only one on the TI.

Right... but most people use an adapter with 2600 joysticks. Those adapters (and you can build one yourself out of Sega extension cords) usually have two ports - for two-player games. Pictured below is the Wico adapter that allows 2600 or Sega controllers for use with the TI. Can find them on eBay, etc.

Now that we know you're using the horrible TI joysticks, it's very possible one or both have gone bad. I'd cut the ends off 'em and hack some male db9's so you can use your 2600/Genesis controllers. :)

Also possible you need to touch up the solder joints on the TI. Try to start/play a game while wriggling the controller connector. If you get intermittent action, probably some cold solder on the joystick port.

post-13896-0-08907700-1447340984_thumb.jpeg

I bought a copy of BurgerTime

Fired it up on the TI-99/4A

Game doesn't play with joystick arrow keys only

Surely this can't be reality?

I can't believe my joysticks are bad I just played Pole Position the night before

Please respond

Alpha Lock key?

That would only prevent you from going 'up' though, right? Doesn't disable the joystick port completely.

Actually that's the problem - chef won't go upwards only goes side to side. I then used the arrow keys to move him upwards and then was able to move him downwards with the joystick.

Pfft....! Made it sound as if the joystick didn't work at all! Until post #12, now we hear what's really going on.

As usual, the simplest answer was the correct one in the continuing adventures in kommunicashiun of the year 2015. :lol: