76 jblenkle

76 roadrunner

52 bigbee99

46 hero2billions

15 wolfman24

11 patbb

9 Mangia-Boy

5 DaveD

Alright this is the game I picked this week. I'm hoping to play this given the holiday weekend. In my experience in playing the arcade game and in MAME, I find MAME to be harder to play. I can easily get 30K on Funspot's Space Fury machine but when I play this in MAME it's a struggle to get 30K. So far my high score in MAME is 54K while my high score on the arcade game is 67K

Here are the all-time top Arcade/MAME HSC scores for this title

1. 56,950 mr. toast
2. 32,490 patbb
3. 27,730 Barra
4. 25,050 Cynicaster
5. 22,990 M.A.M.E Offender
6. 21,680 bigbee99
7. 14,680 LarcenTyler
8. 9,620 roadrunner

Here's a video I did recently showing off my Star Castle mini MAME cabinet and playing a few games of Space Fury in MAME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIldOHjTjQw

I just looked at the spacefury romset, and as noted above in post #3, the difficulty settings are easy, medium, hard and hardest.

I also have spacefurya and spacefuryb romsets and they are the same.

There is no normal setting.

There are two ROM variants for this game - are you using the correct one? Twin Galaxies lists these as the settings and I recall "Normal" being an option when I set it up on my MAME cabinet.

• Like 1

Oh, here is the solution...I just checked a very old version of MAME I have installed on my computer (v.062) and on that it does have a "normal" setting in the romset spacfura, but in the spacfury romset it is the other way.

Obviously the Twin Galaxies info is based on outdated revisions.

The next version of MAME I have installed is v.140 and all the revisions are now easy, medium, hard, hardest.

There are two ROM variants for this game - are you using the correct one? Twin Galaxies lists these as the settings and I recall "Normal" being an option when I set it up on my MAME cabinet.

• Like 1

OK, no problem...I usually post for every higher score I do. I forget what time I originally posted my lower score, but it was probably that morning. Since there were no posts below it, I figured it might not have been read yet.

I'm not on AA at night and weekends but if this was done during the day I will miss the update so I'd rather that you just enter a new post with an updated score.

Edited by jblenkle