IGNORED

Why don't Princesses get kidnapped anymore?

Jasoco

What's wrong with villians these days?

Peach hasn't been kidnapped since Super Mario 64 and Zelda hasn't been kidnapped since 1992 with Link to the Past!

Now-a-days, Mario and Luigi are too busy cleaning Grafitti and Busting Ghosts that it's the right time for Bowser to make his move! But he doesn't! C'mon, Bowser! She's not even guarded anymore!

And Zelda.. Zelda's so busy keeping Link busy by releasing Gannon every week. How many times is she gonna "Accidentally" let him free?

*sigh* Villians these days. Let's go back to the good old days when Princesses had to be rescued all the time.

Peach is beating out Zelda in kidnappings 2 to 1.

C'mon, Villians. Give your heroes something better to do than custodial work!

Zelda was kidnapped in 1998's Ocarina of Time.

Ok.. yeah. I forgot about that one. My bad. Still, no Princesses get kidnapped anymore.

Gannon, Bowser, Wart*! We need you!

*Wart. Yes, I know he doesn't kidnap Princesses. But now's a good time to start!

Think of it this way, then.

How long has it been since a Princess was kidnapped from the beginning? SMB 1 and 3, and SMW and M64 Mario came to rescue her after finding out she was kidnapped.

Zelda 1 and 3, Link comes to rescue Zelda after finding out she's captive.

Zelda OoT, Zelda is kidnapped (If at all) in the middle of the story. AFTER the Hero sets out on the journey.

Either way, they need to kidnap princesses more often.

Ugh, I can't keep up.

How about one day Gannon and Bowser can switch? Gannon can kidnap Peach and hide in the Mushroom Kingdom, and Link can try and save Zelda from the evil clutches of Bowser, King of the Koopas!

Or Gannon can take Peach back to Hyrule and Mario can leave his element and try to fight off Moblins and Keese to save his beloved Peach while Link tries his skill at block breaking, coin collecting and Goomba stomping.

Or how about Andross kidnaps Gannon and Bowser has to team up with Wario to get him back.. Wait.. StarFox would kidnap Gannon. Andross would have to get him back. Or maybe..

Ok.. Luigi can kidnap Peach and hold her for ransom unless Mario lets him be in the next Mario game.

Well, Dr. Robotnik could always tryt his hand at kidnapping and kidnap Zelda and hide her in the Mushroom Kingdom where Link and Mario have to team up with Sonic to save her. Along the way, while Mario's off saving Zelda, Bowser and Gannon kidnap Peach and force her to give them the secret recipe to her scrumptious cake.

Why does it have to be a female that needs rescuing? You can only use that kind of story plot so many times before it eventually wears out. Why not have a variant in which the female becomes an optional (and/or sometimes necessary) player-character rather than just merely end it at her being rescued?

Besides, it's more recently been discovered by numerous software giants that if you take said female, dress her in a leather bikini (or similar skimpy attire) and give HER the big knives, you sell loads more games:)

Yeah, bring back rescuing princesses, there's nothing noble to do in videogames anymore. And while we're at it, reinstate fruit as the standard bonus pick-up item.

Besides, it's more recently been discovered by numerous software giants that if you take said female, dress her in a leather bikini (or similar skimpy attire) and give HER the big knives, you sell loads more games:)

And they all suck. Except Perfect Dark. The last and first great Female Hero game. I don't like Tomb Raider, but they might count. I don't like all those DOA games and stupid Girls in Bikini's games. It's just... stupid. Just a way to get a buck from a horny guys pocket.

If you want softcore pr0n, there's an internet. You don't need a game. Sheesh. Sex sells, but it makes for a sucky game.

I don't like all those DOA games and stupid Girls in Bikini's games. It's just... stupid. Just a way to get a buck from a horny guys pocket.

i dont think 13 year old boys qualify as "guys" :|

Whatever. Same thing. Horny MALE.

I think the bad guys got tired of kidnapping Princesses because they could not get any money for ransoms. In addition, all the nagging that the Princesses did force them to release them just to get away from the nagging :D

Shit forget kidnapping.....

Nobody dies anymore.....

I WANT DRAMA DAMN IT!!!!

if you want to teach kids that violence is wrong...... do it through the game....

kill off a main character.... that will teach kids that it is morally wrong.... he he he!!!

So when they grow up.... they can think.... hmmm... When Luigi accidently shot mario with a bullet bill..... he didnt wake up..... so if i shoot my brother with a shotgun.... he wont wake up either!!!

Evil begets Evil !

think about it!!!!

So when they grow up.... they can think.... hmmm...  When Luigi accidently shot mario with a bullet bill.....  he didnt wake up.....  so if i shoot my brother with a shotgun....  he wont wake up either!!!

Thank you for making Luigi the survivor. :D

Archived