IGNORED

Atari Videoplexer in System Changer.

BBWW

It's a complete VCS inside the System Changer, but you can use the Intellivision controllers over the main unit.

You know, it is very cool that they did that. I wonder if it was because they thought it was a good idea, or because they thought it would help them in an infringement lawsuit. :)

-dZ.

Finally my System Changer arrived and ... ... Harmony Cart works great here! :)

The only issue I found with the System Changer is related to Atarivox+.

Savekey isn't detected and the speech synthesizer doesn't work properly. It works a little better when I take both Intellivision controllers off.

I always read system changer was an almost standalone atari which only relies on the Intellivision for power and video output.

Well, not exactly.

I was surprised to discover you can use Intellivison controllers to play Atari games! You don't need to connect any controller to the system changer if you want to use the Intellivision controller.

Manual states you shouldn't use both Intellivision and atari compatible controllers at same time. I highly suspect this has something to do with the Atarivox+ issues on System Changer.

Other than that, my system changer can play everything (advanced homebrews, starpath games, harmony cart etc).

I posted here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/209791-harmony-cart-with-intellivision-system-changer/?hl=system+changer&do=findComment&comment=2987129

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision

I have confirmed myself the following:

• That my System Changer works properly
  • That my modded Master Component I works properly with my System Changer
  • That the Intellivision hand-controllers in the Master Component work with the System Changer
  • That the Intellivision hand-controllers in the Master Component suck balls when using them with the System Changer, making games unplayable. :mad:

I suspect the last one is because it is using the EXEC and reading the controllers at 20Hz. I tried playing Stay Frosty 2, and it wasn't responsive enough to do double-jumps consistently, making the game unplayable. BOO! :(

-dZ.

• That the Intellivision hand-controllers in the Master Component work with the System Changer
  • That the Intellivision hand-controllers in the Master Component suck balls when using them with the System Changer, making games unplayable. :mad:

I suspect the last one is because it is using the EXEC and reading the controllers at 20Hz. I tried playing Stay Frosty 2, and it wasn't responsive enough to do double-jumps consistently, making the game unplayable. BOO! :(

-dZ.

Great work, young Sherlock! Now back to your party guests! :)

-dZ.

Yeah, I also recall that from back in the day, that when using the Inty controllers they were not responsive enough. I just attributed it to the crappy buttons on the controller versus the responsiveness of the little red button on the Atari joystick, but even in some games the disc was a little awkward (but that's not quite the correct word I'm looking for)