IGNORED

5200 Trak-Ball mod question

ReRuss

That should be useful to an extent, hopefully I don't mess anything up!

The one set of numbers is the pin number on the cable that connects to the console (15 pin connector). The other, probably more useful set of numbers, is the position of that same wire on the 11 pin connector that plugs into the circuit board on the top half of the controller. All of those circuit boards I've looked at are marked with 1 and 11 so you can easily figure out which of those wires to tap into.

You should be able to just tap into the existing wires and add new switches in parallel with the originals meaning that you can use your new buttons or the old buttons, assuming that the originals were working and you're leaving them in place.

The one set of numbers is the pin number on the cable that connects to the console (15 pin connector). The other, probably more useful set of numbers, is the position of that same wire on the 11 pin connector that plugs into the circuit board on the top half of the controller. All of those circuit boards I've looked at are marked with 1 and 11 so you can easily figure out which of those wires to tap into.

You should be able to just tap into the existing wires and add new switches in parallel with the originals meaning that you can use your new buttons or the old buttons, assuming that the originals were working and you're leaving them in place.

Yes, leaving everything stock, except the couple buttons I'm adding. I got it from ebay with "skipping" issues. Polished rollers, lubricated bearings, and replaced the ball and now it works amazingly well.

I'm just adding arcade buttons to make it more enjoyable, but using extreme caution since it's so extremely close to xmas...

Looks like you did a decent job with uniform placement. Some people don't seem to have any concern for that.

I figured typical microswitch buttons might just fit. Sounds like it was a little tighter than I expected.

The green does kinda jump out at you. I guess you could claim that it's a seasonal motif. :)