IGNORED

SGM ARE IN!

juice2839

So what do I need to do to get my money back? He's been banned from AA which is how I communicated with him. Do I just dispute the charge with Paypal?

His email address in the PayPal payment is also his current personal email so you can try to contact him that way as well.

OK, thought I'd throw my two cents in...

I had not significantly tested my Juice SGM until today. There definitely is noise there, but it is not very loud during the games. It is louder during the initialization and menus on my Atarimax Ultimate SD cart.

It's the Juice SGM causing it because it doesn't occur when it is unplugged and it doesn't occur with Opcode's SGM.

If it's "80s technology" that is causing it, why doesn't Opcode's SGM have that problem?

Also, on occasion, my CV and/or ADAM doesn't immediately recognize it. For SGM games I get the "SGM required" message. Resetting the CV or ADAM seems to solve this problem...but in my opinion, it shouldn't happen at all.

And...like someone else mentioned. My SGM didn't come with a Famicon case. I went back and re-read Juice's message about ordering and discovered I'd missed the part about adding $3 for the Famicon case. Really? $90 for the SGM and he can't throw in a cheap Famicon case? I emailed him about it and he said he'd send me one, but that was Feb. 2 and it still hasn't arrived...so I'm guessing it won't.

Edited by jblenkle

So my response from Fred after I requested the refund on PayPal is below...

So let me get this straight.. You send money without me asking for it and just say it's to help out. Then you publically talk complete trash about me.. then you turn around and tell people I have not sent you a product that you paid for and want a refund??? I would so like to just blurt out and say what a total piece of shit you are, but I'll refrain. I'm sure you'll go on the forum and tell your butt buddies all about it. I find it ironically shitty that when I came on to try to resolve issues and find out what was going on I was banned.. It is true though the world is ran by idiots and the smart ones are ostracized.

To which I responded this:

The initial money and resources I sent you last year was to help fund your development, mainly the drop-in CV board. The last $100 I sent was to pay for the final version of the Juice Box with the speech chip as stated in this message I sent to you via AtariAge's private messaging system:

"Sent Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:11 PM

Sent $100 your way for the new version of the Juice Box. Hope that helps with some stuff."

Yes, my payment was two-fold. One to pay for the product as a customer, and two to help you out because I want to support the homebrew community. In short, my comment of "hope that helps..." was not meant to be a "donation" it was me being "nice." And I even sent you the money as a "gift" on PayPal as I had put trust in you and so you wouldn't be changed any additional fees. If you aren't going to send me the item, I would kindly request my $100 back. I wanted to fund you to help build products for the community, but I will not fund you berating the good people of the community because you refuse to help those who had legit issues or refund requests for the item they purchased which turned out to be defective.

If you are going to comment on things you find "ironically shitty" then I also find it "ironically shitty" that you came onto the forum, after several people has posted that they had requested refunds from you, after Albert flat out asked you if you had refunded their money, but instead to chose to avoid both of those issues, and try to address some technical information about device, seeming to skirt the real issue at hand.

Publicly you may have wanted to appear interested in resolving technical issues, but privately you sent those people verbally abusive messages trying to free yourself of any blame. Just like your response you sent to my completely reasonable request for a refund, instead of taking a professional approach and simply saying you would either be sending me the device or refunding my money, you chose to respond in an abusive and insulting manner. And this... THIS is why I feel you were banned and nobody wants to deal with you anymore.

Once again I will ask you the question, in a polite and professional manner - Are you going to be sending me my device or when I can I expect a refund for my purchase?

Just thought I would share my experiences as well....

UPDATE!

Here is the exchange after the one I posted above...

I'll say this in a professional manner Robb go fuck yourself and please tell everyone on the newsgroup I said this.. I will though send you a say game when I get the chance.. Right now I have to deal with all your good people that have caused my paypal to freeze so I can't refund anyone.. As far as who wanted a refund or any of that it's none of your fucking or Alberts business. These people put in claims before I even had a chance to see what the deal was or if there was even a problem.. If you stopped for one second and got of your high horse (which is so high I think you lack oxygen) and see many people have had 0 problems with it..

To which I simply responded:

Thank you for the response. I will look forward to receiving the module from you.

And he responded back:

Your welcome fuck head

At this point, I don't have anything more to say.

• Like 2

Me:

I recorded this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixofr-OATXk playing Galaga using your SGM and the amount of noise created does not meet my standard for quality.

Fred:

Robert you're using a 35 year old colecovision.. Every unit was tested and worked before shipping. I suspect your old coleco could need service. If you would like to send or have me pay shipping back to fully test your unit and video it working on a Colecovision I certainly can do that. Fred

Well Vector I guess you didn't get one of the good ones. Sorry brother.

I may have screwed up by not giving paypal the tracking # for the return. I see Fred is still blaming everyone else except himself.

I'm telling you had he come on here, admit there's a problem with his product and simply give options for returns for refunds or repairs, many of us would've gone down the route of repair and support the guy. But when you act like an asshole and treat your customers like shit then this is what happens. On top of it all, $90 and you sent this without a case or a POS one at that?

I would've thought by now the guy would be reasoning instead of demonstrating such childish behavior.

• Like 2

I just initiated a refund request through PayPal.

To start, you send a message through PayPal to the seller. I told him after all the reports on Atari

Age, I tested my SGM and found the noise too and requested he refund the $89.99 I paid for it. The reason I listed was the item was not as described. He did, after all, say how flawlessly it worked and how it was better than Opcodes. Well, none of us are having this problem with Opcode's device.

I told him I would return the unit as soon as my PayPal account was credited.

After this message is sent, PayPal gives you a specified amount of time to either close the case or escalate it at which point they start an investigation. In my case, I have until Mar. 9 to do this.

I will give him until the end of the month to refund my money. I did not read the specifics, but for those of us doing this, we also may be covered under PayPal's "Buyer's Protection Plan."

everybody that fill a paypal dispute sent their unit back to fred or you get your money and keep the unit? how it work paypal give you some option to resolve the problem... they tell ship back and give a tracking number to get your money?

I just initiated a refund request through PayPal.

To start, you send a message through PayPal to the seller. I told him after all the reports on Atari

Age, I tested my SGM and found the noise too and requested he refund the $89.99 I paid for it. The reason I listed was the item was not as described. He did, after all, say how flawlessly it worked and how it was better than Opcodes. Well, none of us are having this problem with Opcode's device.

I told him I would return the unit as soon as my PayPal account was credited.

After this message is sent, PayPal gives you a specified amount of time to either close the case or escalate it at which point they start an investigation. In my case, I have until Mar. 9 to do this.

I will give him until the end of the month to refund my money. I did not read the specifics, but for those of us doing this, we also may be covered under PayPal's "Buyer's Protection Plan."

Joe, depending on his reply you may want to get it done sooner. When the dispute was initiated his response was " Your a Fucktard,scamming POS" . There it was obvious to me it was time to escalate it.

Fred has already escalated it...according to him, "to save time"...he offered to send me money so I could send the SGM back to him so he could test it and video it "working"...

He also thanked me for "jumping on the false claim bandwagon."

Surprisingly, he didn't direct any profanity at me...I guess because the message came through PayPal and they have the right to review any communications on this dispute.

Joe, depending on his reply you may want to get it done sooner. When the dispute was initiated his response was " Your a Fucktard,scamming POS" . There it was obvious to me it was time to escalate it.

At this point, I don't have anything more to say.

Sorry you got shafted on this and not to rub salt in the wound but never, ever send a gift "payment" for goods, no matter how well you think you know somebody. This goes for everyone.

You never know what can happen (like this) and as far as I know there is no recourse (any chance you gifted via PayPal with a credit card? - don't know if you could recoup this way anyway).

I had gotten a few payments recently from people who paid by accident via gift and I refunded them and asked them to resend as payment for goods. Protection all around, for them and for me. PayPal tells me its OK to ship and I'm covered on my end, and vise versa for the buyers.

Win win.

Edited by TMOSteel
  • Like 2

Glad you didn't have to be on the receiving end of his foul mouth. Hope it works out for you Joe. As far as his comment on the "false claim bandwagon", his own thread is full of proof on what he has done. No one here is stealing from the guy. We all have been transparent about this situation except for the guy who needed to do this the most. People are putting in claims because he doesn't want to hear it nor accept responsibility.

Sorry you got shafted on this and not to rub salt in the wound but never, ever send a gift "payment" for goods, no matter how well you think you know somebody. This goes for everyone.

Yup. Lesson learned. My fault for being too trustworthy, I guess. :/

It all started when he screwed over yurkie and it just got worse.

Yeah that was the red flag in my eyes when he did that. Once he did that to him I had my mind made up to never give Juice any of my business as he became so disruptive and disrespectful with this community. Yurkie may not be active too much in these forums but he's a good guy who does great work. To see Juice come along and do that to him was hard to watch. Thank God he never ran Yurkie off. He's been Gold for this community. Imagine if the guy ran off Yurkie and Opcode. It would have been such a disaster. :thumbsdown: Those are good people that he tried to steamroll,not cool.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol
  • Like 6

me with fred i never had any kind of bad words or problem... i dont approve all the bad words or bad attitudes from anybody cause im not that kind of guy... and the way this thing will end...that sucks cause the initial project was a very good one make a sgm games compatible unit than transfert the project to a full colecovision board with sgm game comparibilities... i try the most i can to encourage everybody here with project for the colecovision... i just hope that this big fight will end quickly.. . by refund or repair what ever people or fred will choose... i personally will keep my unit... good luck to everybody.... that will be my last post on this thread since i dont have anything more to say about this and the principal persone is now ban from here so.... its the end of the project...

Eric

• Like 1

Yeah that was the red flag in my eyes when he did that. Once he did that to him I had my mind made up to never give Juice any of my business as he became so disruptive and disrespectful with this community. Yurkie may not be active too much in these forums but he's a good guy who does great work. To see Juice come along and do that to him was hard to watch. Thank God he never ran Yurkie off. He's been Gold for this community. Imagine if the guy ran off Yurkie and Opcode. It would have been such a disaster. :thumbsdown: Those are good people that he tried to steamroll,not cool.

Karma is a bitch.

Thank You for the kind words Sir.

• Like 3

Disconnecting power to the amp used to boost the speech chip in my educated guess should silence the noise and it would be exactly like the SGM.

Adding a switch there should re-enable the speech (and unfortunately the noise).

That's a simple, easy fix (if I'm right) and could have satisfied most, instead of the seller's denials and such.

Thank God he never ran Yurkie off. He's been Gold for this community. Imagine if the guy ran off Yurkie and Opcode. I

I'm glad that he didn't run Yurkie and Opcode off. They are good honest people. They shouldn't let one person stop them from achieving their goals.

• Like 2