IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Sorry to hear that Willy. Your a class guy and deserve better than this.

Thanks Tep :) I try to see the good in people and am very trusting and unfortunately can be taken avantage of. I need to be more guarded I guess.

Check out these pictures. These are the tabletops I sent him (Galaxian and Donkey Kong, cant remember if I sent frogger) for ColecoVisions so we could cover them. He did not pay for them, they were loaned. now he is selling them instead of returning them to me. As you can see the donkey kong in his auction is the one I sent him that was not to be sold! I also sent him a Bandai Blockout I paid for and loaned to him, and also the coleco alien attack. I have sent other things to him as well that I just cant remember right now due to being so frickin pissed.

post-8976-0-17553200-1465143048_thumb.jpg

Here is the donkey kong from his auction

post-8976-0-58482400-1465143405_thumb.jpg

Notice the exact same decal damage?

The galaxian and donkey kong he sold off were repaired units that may not even hold up which he did not mention when he sold it. here is the insides when I cobbled it together so we could cover it on the podcast.

post-8976-0-01607000-1465143061_thumb.jpg

post-8976-0-34112100-1465143700_thumb.jpg

I feel sorry for the people who just bought these, he knew they were repaired but said nothing in the auctions. Had I caught them while they were live I could have notified ebay or something especially with the donkey kong as I have the orginal pic when I had it to repair.

Funny how none of these were sold on Gamegavel. Oh Wait, its another Scam site to get people to list items for him to snag cheaply due to no traffic over there.......

• Like 9

Funny how none of these were sold on Gamegavel. Oh Wait, its another Scam site to get people to list items for him to snag cheaply due to no traffic over there.......

You just reminded me of something. I sold my one of a kind Pokey Kong cart on Gamegavel a few years ago. I remember at the time seeing Mike put a fairly low bid on it. He ended up getting outbid and an AA member won it.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/218582-pokey-kong-on-gamegavel/?do=findComment&comment=2865444

• Like 1

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in to all the haters on the haters bandwagon, remember that I was the only one to lose anything from all of this! Rest assured that it isn't my fault no matter what happens.I know that looks like your stuff, but 'Lee' assured me that it isn't. As far as Ebay, I am just working to make gamegravel even better! So all you naysayers out for my blood must be drunkards. And that's why I'm not going to answer any more questions.

• Like 9

Thanks Tep icon_smile.gif I try to see the good in people and am very trusting and unfortunately can be taken avantage of. I need to be more guarded I guess.

More like, other people need to stop being scumbags. I was about to report this as stolen on Ebay , or at the very least, ask him some very pointed questions as a potential buyer. That item is no longer for sale.

I hope he squares with you. How much of a dickbag cheat can one person be?

• Like 1

He emailed me today saying he "thought" I gave him the coleco minicades. In a way I did "give" them to him with the stated comment that once he was done with them to send them back, not sell them as they are repaired units and I did not want them sold. I had planned on using them for a booth display for people to play when he was done.

I told him the only thing I "gave" him was the coleco Alien Attack (which he sold of course) which is no big deal as I did "give" him that for his collection.

He stated he would send me the money from the two auctions and return the Frogger MiniCade and Bandai Blockout I sent him. I told him I dont want the money, instead he needs to refund those buyers and get those repaired units back and returned to me. Its not about the money, its the principle I did not intend for those to ever be sold since they were repaired and may not hold up. I wish I had a way to contact the buyers to make them aware of this, I hope they come here and see the post with the pictures I did showing the insides of those minicades they just bought.

If you wizards on AA here now how to get in touch with a buyer on Ebay let me know, I really dont want to see someone get the shaft thinking they have a original minicade but instead have one that is cobbled together and barely is going to hold up.

He also wanted me to do something with the colecovisions.com site, I told him just let it die.

• Like 11

Sorry you have this trouble Willie, you've always seemed like a stand up guy. Hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction.

I've had a very similar problem with a local "collector" who is really anything but, he's just a reseller in disguise with a great used car salesman personality who I've given discounts on items I've sold over the years for his collection only to find them on ebay or local kijiji shortly thereafter or traded into the local gamestore.

Not exactly the same situation but your problem with socal reminds me of it.

• Like 5

He emailed me today saying he "thought" I gave him the coleco minicades. In a way I did "give" them to him with the stated comment that once he was done with them to send them back, not sell them as they are repaired units and I did not want them sold. I had planned on using them for a booth display for people to play when he was done.

Sadly but predictably, if something does go wrong with those units, Mike will tell the buyer that he didn't know they were repaired units and make you out to be the bad guy who scammed him (conveniently leaving out the part where these were loaned to him in the first place).

Mike must be hard up for gas money (to get to E3?) or something if he's resorting to liquidating collectibles he got from friends. His kids better hide their piggy banks and college funds.

• Like 1

By that logic Willie is the new Mr Lee!

Ok so which is it, is he a brilliant captain of industry, a CEO of a network of serial entrepreneur ventures that the vast gamer conspiracy is out to get, Or, is he a dopey lovable little fuzzball who got suckered by a con artist and just plain forgot that he was selling things on loan to him?

And what about that Mr Lee business, if there was one charge, citation, summons, or other document associated with those charges surely MK would be crowing those to the world, but NOPE (if I may borrow that) nothing has come of it.

• Like 3

By that logic Willie is the new Mr Lee!

Ok so which is it, is he a brilliant captain of industry, a CEO of a network of serial entrepreneur ventures that the vast gamer conspiracy is out to get, Or, is he a dopey lovable little fuzzball who got suckered by a con artist and just plain forgot that he was selling things on loan to him?

And what about that Mr Lee business, if there was one charge, citation, summons, or other document associated with those charges surely MK would be crowing those to the world, but NOPE (if I may borrow that) nothing has come of it.

So Willie is Mike's new Hardware Guy? Mr. Will Lee?

• Like 2

I dont do rant videos, but this had me so mad today I did one. against my nature to be this way, but I am pretty upset.

I could have really done some major damage early on but being a dumbass I am, I tried to put trust in a friend and was eventually burned as well. Please welcome me under the bus?

https://youtu.be/WO-0nOwpYuc

• Like 15