IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I dont do rant videos, but this had me so mad today I did one. against my nature to be this way, but I am pretty upset.

I could have really done some major damage early on but being a dumbass I am, I tried to put trust in a friend and was eventually burned as well. Please welcome me under the bus?

https://youtu.be/WO-0nOwpYuc

For a rant it seemed pretty calm and saintly. I dig your principles and can tell you are genuinely kind. Anyway, it is kind of funny that Mike finally really sold something from Coleco and yet the insides were still wrong.

• Like 9

I dont do rant videos, but this had me so mad today I did one. against my nature to be this way, but I am pretty upset.

I could have really done some major damage early on but being a dumbass I am, I tried to put trust in a friend and was eventually burned as well. Please welcome me under the bus?

https://youtu.be/WO-0nOwpYuc

At 5:40 in your video, you state that you sold him the Galaxian he was selling on eBay. Was that a slip of the tongue, or were your transactions with him over the Donkey Kong and Galaxian a sale with a condition attached?

Mike used the words "nice condition" and "very nice condition" to describe the Donkey Kong and Galaxian, respectively. Personally, I would not consider a unit with a cracked board held together by patch wires to be in "nice condition". Especially when there is direct pressure on the board when you play it.

Maybe I was a bit harsh when I called him a thief, but he is pretty close to being both a thief and an actual scammer.

Willie, it sucks that he did this to you. You're a good guy.

I can't say it surprises me.

Many years ago, I was at a car dealership looking at a car. I told a salesperson that I wanted to test drive a certain used car. He told me "I'll tell you what, after you buy it, you can drive it all you want."

Mike is that car salesman.

• Like 4

At 5:40 in your video, you state that you sold him the Galaxian he was selling on eBay. Was that a slip of the tongue, or were your transactions with him over the Donkey Kong and Galaxian a sale with a condition attached?

Mike used the words "nice condition" and "very nice condition" to describe the Donkey Kong and Galaxian, respectively. Personally, I would not consider a unit with a cracked board held together by patch wires to be in "nice condition". Especially when there is direct pressure on the board when you play it.

Maybe I was a bit harsh when I called him a thief, but he is pretty close to being both a thief and an actual scammer.

it was a slip, I did not sell them. I was pretty discobulated while recording the vid.

• Like 3

Dude that video is heartbreaking, I can see how upset you were. Here's hoping whoever bought them will find this thread and send them back!

Thats what I am hopeful for, I really feel upset these went out to people most likely excited to finally have them only to have them break due to being cobbled together.

Prior to yesterday I did not know about ArcadeUSA's Youtube channel. Another one to put on my watch list. To adapt a line from an episode of my favorite TV show :

"You see, I know that although [Mike Kennedy] will create havoc and destruction for [many] years, I know also that out of [his] evil must come something good."

Edited by Great Hierophant
  • Like 1

Someone should introduce Mike to this guy. Or not.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/money/nation-now/2016/06/06/man-sued-30k-over-40-printer-he-sold-craigslist/85478168/

INDIANAPOLIS --- Selling a used, black-and-white printer through Craigslist seemed simple and straightforward to Doug Costello.

It wasn't.

What the 66-year-old Massachusetts man didn't know then is that he would spend the next 6 ½ years embroiled in a complicated and confusing legal dispute in Indiana over that printer, which, according to its buyer, was broken.

He would find himself liable for about $30,000 in damages. He would pay a lawyer at least $12,000 in his battle to escape the legal mess.

And it all started with a piece of hardware he sold online for about $40 in 2009. With shipping and other costs, the total was less than $75, according to court records.

That happens because the Mass guy had the sheer misfortune to sell a piece of equipment to an abusive pro-se litigator. Ever state has at least a few of these people who think they know the law but really know enough to be hurtful. To them the courts are like a lottery, usually they end up losing but sometimes they are able to coerce unjust settlements out of people who just want to get rid of their legal matters. Because Indiana is his home state, he would have more than a passing familiarity with the court rules in that state. The Mass. guy does not, hence his big mistakes in missing filing deadlines. His biggest mistake was for not asking for sanctions against the Indiana guy for filing abusive and groundless pleadings.

Edited by Great Hierophant
  • Like 2

The irony. I come to the forum to tell people to just get off the guy's back for a while, and yet again he surprises me and proves this will never end. So since he's so set on becoming the most infamous character in the retro gaming community I'll just shut up. Seems like I underestimated Mike once again.

• Like 6

Every time I think this thread couldn't get stranger, it gets stranger. Did a founder of GameGavel really sell things on a competitor's site? That'd be funny if it weren't for some of you being invested in it (I believe?).

Willie, sorry to hear about your stuff. That's low. I hope he refunds those people and gets the units back to you. You didn't sound very hopeful in your video, though. :(

• Like 3

Props to Willie for insisting that Mike actually own up to the buyers and recall the items, rather than taking the money and letting Mike weasel out of yet another scam.

Edited by godslabrat
  • Like 2