IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/18/coleco-chameleon-atari-2600/

They own the rights to 300 VCS games now?

That's amazing!

In related news, I have been holding on to the rights to a certain bridge for some time now, and might consider selling for the right price. How many previous game systems came with a limited-edition bridge?

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

So we know the censorship will continue unabated, like last time, nothing new.

I do understand people need to vent their frustration about it but fact of the matter is that Mike & Co ain't gonna stop doing it.

Sure, sure, but my point was that I was deleted, and blocked in mer seconds after I posted. That's insanely efficient.

• Like 2

Can we trust the Author, or its source?

" She's also written stuff for Anime Insider and Anime News Network, as well as a rather lengthy stint editing Pokémon things for The Pokémon Company. She still plays the games and seriously can't believe there are 721 Pokémon now."

Source: RetroVGS (Facebook)

Sure, sure, but my point was that I was deleted, and blocked in mer seconds after I posted. That's insanely efficient.

Probably because 9/10's the comments are against the Atari SNES

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 2

Now they're playing with power! I wonder if that gives them the right to say something like this:

“We won't force you to remove all Atari 2600 ROMs from your web site if you remove all negative comments about our product from your forums.”

Now they're playing with power! I wonder if that gives them the right to say something like this:

We won't force you to remove all Atari 2600 ROMs from your web site if you remove all negative comments about our product from your forums.

Lol, but if Nintendo's lawyers can't get rom sites taken down, I don't think anyone can. It would be funny to watch them try. Edited by Retro Nick
  • Like 1

When you block someone from a group on Facebook, you can see them in a list of blocked people, right? I wonder how large their block list is now?

So if I'm right, they are in possession of a list of real names of people who showed some interest in their product, but as a result of COLECO dickishness, are likely to never again do business with them.

Instead of a list of business leads and contacts, it's more like an enemies list. Way to go, RVGS.

Is there a limit to the number of people you can "block" ? If so, I'm sure they would have exceeded it by now. :roll:

Oh God. Now Atari is coming in? Wow, somebody is going to end up sued or in bankrupcy. Just read up a bit about ther CEO; and I've even had up close terrifying experience with Atari SA.

Yeah, this is a scenario that's totally never happened before.

If I could just go back to the 80's and tell little reaperman that someday there'd be a coleco system that plays atari games, it would blow his mind.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Oh God. Now Atari is coming in? Wow, somebody is going to end up sued or in bankrupcy. Just read up a bit about ther CEO; and I've even had up close terrifying experience with Atari SA.

They never said it and it's not in the sizzle reel, but they let it slide to get even more free good will.

Or maybe it's tomorrow announcement ATARI LOVERS RETAIL BUNDLE.

I don't get the RETAIL, unless he plans to add 100US$ and have a second version of each and every goddamn tier but in special colors, with braille literature and haptic feeback [a kick in the nutsack]

lYDmo1w.gif

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1

Now, if they were to make a coleco-branded expansion module for their SNES that plays my 2600 carts, and outputs through SCART, *THAT* might be worth backing. (assuming anybody else were running the project)

That's how you use a dead brand--to make a useful product 100% more hilarious.

Edited by Reaperman

Lol, but if Nintendo's lawyers can't get rom sites taken down, I don't think anyone can. It would be funny to watch them try.

Nintendo's lawyers don't go for shutting down the whole ROM site, just removing Nintendo IP's. Look at Romhustler.net for an example of this legal action. If other companies are notified of such sites they will usually send a C&D letter to the site owner and order their games removed. Capcom won't send a C&D for Data East properties for instance, unless they own them. Konami, for instance, has the rights to the whole NEC library of games, all of Hudson Soft's games, Ultra Games, and Konami of course. That is quite a large library of titles but they don't bother ordering ROM sites to remove their titles for some reason. Nintendo on the other hand is quite interested in this stuff and will take, at least minimal, action.