IGNORED

Is internet play important to you?

Ze_ro

rumor has it the XBL will be 50 a year from now on.

That's not too bad. That's only $4.17 a month. $0.96 a week. $0.14 a day. Less than a penny an hour. You don't wanna know how much it is per second. ;)

And as a cool side note - any subscription game like PSO will be free for the first 2 weeks so it can be tried out before commiting

PSO as in PlayStation Online or PhantasyStar Online? Not that either matter to me. I don't own either.

i will never play another online game in my life time

after playing Everquest for 2 1/2 years and wasting over 200+ real life days online i think ive had my fix

i might play little ones like pool or other small but neat flash type games online but thats it

rumor has it the XBL will be 50 a year from now on.

That's not too bad. That's only $4.17 a month. $0.96 a week. $0.14 a day. Less than a penny an hour. You don't wanna know how much it is per second. ;)

And as a cool side note - any subscription game like PSO will be free for the first 2 weeks so it can be tried out before commiting

PSO as in PlayStation Online or PhantasyStar Online? Not that either matter to me. I don't own either.

Oh sorry, I meant Phantasy Star Online. And thanks for the cost breakdown ;) How much is it per second again?

I think Internet play on video game systems is great, although it's clearly still in its developmental stages. I have the PlayStation 2 Network Adaptor, and I do enjoy the few online games I have for it. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 and Amplitude are my personal favorites, with good player interaction and the ability to download and upload user-created content. Both of those games are excellent offline, too! :)

I think it'll be some time before console Internet gaming really takes off, when there's a large number of games spanning a wide variety of genres. For now, it's more of a diversion. Including Internet play doesn't make a bad game desirable, but it can make a great game even better (see the two examples above).

Oh sorry, I meant Phantasy Star Online. And thanks for the cost breakdown ;) How much is it per second again?

Um.. I dunno. None of my calculators have enough numbers to break it down. :?

I get 1.58548959918823e-6 as a result. Damn calculator.

$50 / ((365 days x 24 hours x 60 minutes 8 60 seconds) = Seconds in a year) = Amount per second

Must be that damn Intel floating point precision error that is not supposed to occur  :D

Which is funny because my computer doesn't have an Intel processor and I got the same number as him. (Albeit rounted up to the nearest 0.00000000000001th) ;)

Archived