IGNORED

Intellivision Demon Attack

Room 34

10 years and two months...if this doesn't get the 2013 NecroBump award, it's got to be in the running at least. :-D I wasn't even a member when this thread was started!

It's in the running, yes, but it's beaten by this revival from earlier this year. And indeed, I actually keep track of the oldest AtariAge forum thread revivals I see. . . . I wonder if I'll someday see the 50-year mark broken. I probably won't live to see the 100-year mark. . . .

onmode-ky

It's in the running, yes, but it's beaten by this revival from earlier this year. And indeed, I actually keep track of the oldest AtariAge forum thread revivals I see. . . . I wonder if I'll someday see the 50-year mark broken. I probably won't live to see the 100-year mark. . . .

onmode-ky

I knew there was another one that was older, but I couldn't place it. The thread you linked is funny because it could probably qualify as a Double Necro Thread; 10 months passed between the fourth and fifth posts before the thread disappeared until 2013.

As for that 50 year business, this site probably won't even be around in (I guess it would be around 40?) years. Not as it exists now, at least. I suppose it could, though, as long as there are people to keep the server up and 70- or 80-year-old nerds to babble about what by then will be certifiably antique video games.

This does make me think it could be fun to start a Time Capsule Thread: Do not reply or post until 2033. :-D

Edited by BassGuitari

Interesting. The mothership has golf club arms. I've watched the video a few times, but I can't figure out how the mothership blew up....was it a direct hit on that center spot?

I think you had to hit the eye as it moved back and forth but it jumps away so quick it's tough to tell.

The PCjr Demon attack looked pretty good btw. It's styled like the 64 version but with different colors.

Heh, that's why Atari sued, and won that lawsuit, since they were supposed to have THE only home version available for a console for Phoenix. Intellivision Demon Attack was allowed to stay on the shelves after the lawsuit though, which was a bit unusual.

So did Imagic actually receive a cease and desist letter to stop selling VCS Demon Attack? Seems strange because there were lots of them sold.

Just played the C64 version via emulation. It is awesome. THIS is what Imagic should have made for the Atari 8-bit.. Re-doing my rankings for the versions I've played:

1. Vic 20

2. 2600

3. C64

4. CoCo

5. Intellivision

6. TI 99-4A (Super Demon Attack)

7. Odyssey 2.

8. Atari 8-bit.

• Like 1

The 1st version of D.A. i aquired was for the 2600, which l thought was awesome. Then i saw the screenshots for the Intellivision. I wanted the Intellivision one badly, it looked badass graphics wise. I now have both and i much prefer the 2600 version. Gameplay IMO is far superior on the 2600, graphics also, and the way the demons move is great. i wish i had all the other versions. YES, Intellivsion looks better, but 2600 D.A. plays better IMO.

The 1st version of D.A. i aquired was for the 2600, which l thought was awesome. Then i saw the screenshots for the Intellivision. I wanted the Intellivision one badly, it looked badass graphics wise. I now have both and i much prefer the 2600 version. Gameplay IMO is far superior on the 2600, graphics also, and the way the demons move is great. i wish i had all the other versions. YES, Intellivsion looks better, but 2600 D.A. plays better IMO.

I like both for their own reasons. They certainly are different. I am not surprised people may prefer one over the other. For some, it could be whatever they played first.

We seemed to have kept an old thread going.