IGNORED

A little blast from the past...

Bob The Bug

For the character sets / maps, I have used CharPad 1.0 (must be 1.0, not any other version) which is an excellent tool. However I have Bob (Synthpopalooza) working on redesigning the graphics, so these may be gone later on.

As for the player, I did this in Excel (well, Open Office Sheets) using formulas in that. I then manually typed out the numbers created in it though I wish to write a Perl script to extract them all out automatically, I haven't got around to that yet. The only missiles I use are for energy / drunkenness and they're just plain vertical energy bars and so don't need a design.

Indeed. I'm designing the characters in ICE (Interlace Character Editor) using the software Super IRG mode that gets 14 colors in Antic 4 mode. I've had to use an online java tile map editor to design the screens (since no such thing yet exists for ICE fonts, and CharMap doesn't render 10 color chars very well) but it's turning out to be a lot of fun.

Edited by Synthpopalooza