IGNORED

Tomy Tutor

Bodyshots

Looking to begin a collection for the Tomy Tutor!

Does someone have a nice clean looking console to sell me? (USA model)

Don't know much about it other then I only just discovered it and kind of like it!

I see a couple of you on here have games to sell but they aren't good to play without the console

If anyone has a lead or two please don't hesitate to take my $ :P

I prefer regulars on here as opposed to 'no posters' and recent joins

Boxed or loose is fine!

Was a multicart ever made?

Edited by Bodyshots

No Tomy multicarts were made (yet). I've got some experimental stuff that I'm working on off and on that may make a Tomy multicart possible though. I don't have a spare system (but I do have a mostly complete collection of the US and Japanese issues for the Tutor (and the Pyuuta, Pyuuta Mk II, and the Pyuuta Jr. sold in Japan). About the only thing I'm still missing is the BASIC1 cartridge for the Pyuuta MkII and a bunch of the Japanese cassette programs.

It is an interesting system, even if not a lot was ever made for it. 26 Japanese cartridges, 10 US cartridges (9 of which are the same as some of the Japanese issues), and about a dozen cassette tape programs (Japanese). There was also a book of Tutor programs sold in the US, but finding that one is unbelievably difficult. . .I'm still looking for one.

It took me several years of hunting to find a boxed copy of Tron. They are not cheap (even in Japan, they seem to go for $100 or more. . .). Oddly enough, two or three of them were sold there (on Yahoo! Japan) in the last few months as parts of larger lots (the last one actually ended this mornng).

It took me several years of hunting to find a boxed copy of Tron. They are not cheap (even in Japan, they seem to go for $100 or more. . .). Oddly enough, two or three of them were sold there (on Yahoo! Japan) in the last few months as parts of larger lots (the last one actually ended this mornng).

Didn't know - thanks I'll check it out

'lol' do you have a link to get me to the right place? (edited)

Edited by Bodyshots

• 1 year later...

Scooter83, I have two games for it..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263103887498

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263103896439

Machine...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263103932830

The games from Japan are often sold $100. No fun!

There are Japanese magazines with type in games as an option. Think TI type in games wouldn't be hard to convert either.

I was thinking.... if I were to keep the machine, I would work on an adapter to allow it to play TI and MSX games. Also make an adapter to use Genesis joysticks.

Cheers

Carlos

I was thinking.... if I were to keep the machine, I would work on an adapter to allow it to play TI and MSX games. Also make an adapter to use Genesis joysticks.

Cheers

Carlos

Pretty sure that's impractical due to the hardware differences, especially with MSX stuff. It's relatively straightforward to port between ColecoVision/MSX/Memotech MTX/SG-1000/etc. because they all use the same microprocessor and graphics/sound, but it's a whole different situation with what's inside the TI and Tutor. At best, you'd essentially be creating stand-alone TI and MSX 1 boxes that pass AV through to the Tutor and maybe make use of its keyboard and controller ports with the right conversion. Again, impractical and unecessary.

Making an adapter for Genesis controllers is a great idea, however, and definitely within the realm of practicality.

Edited by Bill Loguidice

• 4 weeks later...