IGNORED

IDE Set up

I tried setting up Jedit with Spiceware's instructions. But when I tried to run the console. I got this error. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

That looks like part of a path using:

C:\Program Files\...

The space in a file & path will cause problems with command line programs like dasm. Instead of seeing it as a one parameter of C:\Program Files\... it sees it as two parameters of C:\Program and Files\...

To fix it you need to use quotes around things that contain spaces. I show that in the blog entry:

"c:\Program Files\Dasm\dasm.exe" $n -f3 -v0 -s$c.sym -l$c.lst -o$c.bin

If that doesn't help, post your Compile & Run settings:

post-3056-0-53839500-1453134112_thumb.png

I'm not sure if this matters but Atari Assembly does not show up in the drop down under "set compiler/interpreter mode" even after loading an atari asm file.

I made sure the assembly-6502.xml was in the modes folder.

You need to add an entry to the catalog file. I'll check specifics tomorrow, my computers powered off and I'm watching the x-files, but you can take a look at this blog entry. Do note I used to set it up as "assembly-6502" before I decided "Atari 2600 assembly" was a better name because the mode file includes 2600 specific syntax highlighting rules.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/148/entry-11369-updated-assembly-6502-and-batari-basic-mode-files/

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend setting up source control too. Having a record of what changed since it last worked can be a real help when things go wrong. Backing up your work online is nice too. If you haven't used source control before I can recommend git. Bitbucket and github both offer free personal accounts I think. If you want a ui in windows, tortisegit is free.

Thanks, I think I finally got everything working correctly. Sorry I interrupted X-files. :)

Awesome!

No worries - was checking AA during a commercial break. I don't normally watch live TV, but had a feeling the football game would run long and throw off the DVR. It did.