IGNORED

inc and dec limitations ?

Grevle

I had some problems with the inc and dec instrucions.

when i had one instance of incrementing a variable (PX)

inc px

the loop worked

and then was trying to use one more variable (P2X)

inc p2x.

this was in the same loop but that didnt work, i tried many different ways of using both variables but ,still it would now work, So i had to use some other metode that didnt use two insances of the inc command , and that worked right away so this lead me to think that the inc and dec instructions have some limitations, does it have something to do with the accumulator ?

Inc and dec don't change C and V flag, so if you use bcc,bcs,bvc and bvs after inc or dec they jump based on some previous operation.

Other than that it should be pretty simple. Values go from 0-255, and new value influences Z and N flag.

Your error was probably somewhere else and not because of dec or inc. Could it be something with "p2x" variable name ? I'm not sure if such variable name with 'number between letters' is allowed in assembler you're using ?

im using Atasm, hmm i think i used number between letter some other places, like the player equates p0x, p1x, p2x, p3x.. player X postionregisters and it seem to work normal.

The error probably is somwhere else. the code is getting quite complicated, for me anyway.