9th Bunsen (p) 3,650 4pts
10th jblenkle (n) 1,800 3pts

Zybex 2

1st Dope (p) 94,700 2pts*
2nd therealbountybob (p) 21,350 1pt
*=Completed

Zyclops (Screen reached)
1st therealbountybob (p) 3 1pt

Practice is key on Zybex so have a bunch of goes and you will soon managed a few levels. Once you have powered up the first weapon it's much much easier! Thanks Yautja for promoting the HSC on your great Atari news site Atariteca (has English translation) :thumbsup: Dope if you want to hit Zybex 3 I'll try and catch you up soon :-o Out of interest Dope / Orph are you playing Zybex on NTSC ?

• Like 1

Practice is key on Zybex so have a bunch of goes and you will soon managed a few levels. Once you have powered up the first weapon it's much much easier! Thanks Yautja for promoting the HSC on your great Atari news site Atariteca (has English translation) :thumbsup: Dope if you want to hit Zybex 3 I'll try and catch you up soon :-o Out of interest Dope / Orph are you playing Zybex on NTSC ?

Zybex - NTSC

Zybex 2 - PAL (it's way too fast for me on NTSC).

Edited by Dope

Dope if you want to hit Zybex 3 I'll try and catch you up soon :-o

Ok... this is some kind of a sick joke. This game is more than impossible.

Why?

1. I've killed 9 bosses on stage 10 (if I remember correctly) and another boss with shield killed me instantly.

2. No extra lives, even one (except for some glithed flying thing that gave me 3 extra lives).

3. Weapon upgrades are VERY rare

4. And... well... somebody screwed something hard:

Zybex 3 glitch

5. "You think that you are safe after collecting token at the end of the level? Think again while we shoot extra fast and unpredictable enemies at you"
This game is glitched, hard as hell and it's not challenging it's insane.
Edited by Dope
  • Like 1

Nothing to thank me for, Jason. To be sincere, I',m due to write an article about this second round. BTW, a long time ago I wrote a complete guide to the game :http://atariteca.blogspot.pe/2010/04/zybex.html

And yes, there's an unlimited lifes loader mentioned in the article. Hope none would be using this feature...

- Y -

• Like 1

Zybex - NTSC

Zybex 2 - PAL (it's way too fast for me on NTSC).

At least this shows the game can be played on NTSC (!)

NTSC for Zybex

Not sure if I will get to 2 or 3, I'm working on Fandals score for 1 ;-)

I'm sure in tomorrow's session I will compete the game, but today I blew 7 lives on level 7 :mad:

Nothing to thank me for, Jason. To be sincere, I',m due to write an article about this second round. BTW, a long time ago I wrote a complete guide to the game :http://atariteca.blogspot.pe/2010/04/zybex.html

Check this out everyone there is loads of Zybex detail (has language translation on page) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Check this out everyone there is loads of Zybex detail (has language translation on page) :thumbsup:

I've just posted about this round. And guess what? Ran into a chilean forum with declarations from Sergio Boassi -who hacked Zybex to Zybex 2; and also did Draconus 2 and 3. Have a look here: http://atariteca.blogspot.pe/2016/02/concurso-de-puntajes-en-juego-zybex.html

- Y -

• Like 1

TRBB, are you going to play Zybex III? I'm asking because I don't know if I should pass or start rivalry. :)

I thought I was going to finish Zybex today but failed and failed again, and again! From what you posted looks like the game is flawed but I'll have a few goes the week :thumbsup:

Nearly finished Zybex - level 16 today and more importantly a challenge for Dope as I scored 170,100 :)

post-19705-0-45152000-1454952545_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-81485600-1454952547_thumb.jpg

Zyclops is pretty good but I can't figure out the "Atari logo screen" level 5 - can do it but not without terminating 2 lives?

post-19705-0-93151400-1454952549_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-46506900-1454952551_thumb.jpg

Zybex 2 is hard (29,950) - they've cut down the supply of rail gun icons and I like to use this for the end of level guys as you can see their shots coming (another trbb hint!)

Now that I'm ahead it's time for the

Latest Tables :grin:

Zybex

1st therealbountybob (p) 170,100 12pts

2nd Dope (n) 162,200 12pts*
3rd orpheuswaking (n) 154,900 10pts

4th Yautja (n) 108,250 9pts
5th McKong (p) 53,700 8pts
6th spookt (p) 30,950 7pts
7th ProWizard (p) 27,000 6pts
8th LidLikesIntellivision 19,000 5pts
9th SHiNjide (p) 12,300 4pts
10th Gorfy (n) 7,550 3pts
11th Bunsen (p) 3,650 2pts
12th jblenkle (n) 1,800 1pts
*includes bonus point for first player to complete the game

Zyclops
1st therealbountybob (p) 9,480 1pt

Zybex 2

1st Dope (p) 94,700 1pt*
2nd therealbountybob (p) 29,950
*=Completed

Zybex 3

1st Dope (p) 51,300 1pt

Now let's see which players' games will go on for the round 3 poll :ponder:

If I remember correctly, I came to Lvl 6 (I simply go straight through).

:thumbsup: We're just going for score now (on all the games). For me Zybex Lv7 is the killer, so if you have a few men get it out of the way early. Repetition is key; Zybex has a good learning curve but it is intense to play :-o