IGNORED

How do you know if someone's gone TI crazy?

Omega-TI

Mine would just print a few hundred of these, soak them in gasoline, make a big pile of them around me and my computers, and ignite the entire mass. . .she gets really touchy about showing affection in a way that includes anything BUT her or the boys. LOL

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 3

Hey guy's, have you even wondered how you could sneak a TI into the living room without the wife setting fire to it or you?

1) Perform Tursi's 32K Updrade

2) Install an F18A

3) Plug in one of the various multi-carts.

One "Itty-Bitty" neat little TI will not be offensive...

... now you can play on the big screen screen TV to your hearts content.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guy's, have you even wondered how you could sneak a TI into the living room without the wife setting fire to it or you?

1) Perform Tursi's 32K Updrade

2) Install an F18A

3) Plug in one of the various multi-carts.

One "Itty-Bitty" neat little TI will not be offensive...

... now you can play on the big screen screen TV to your hearts content.

Same like Ksarul, I have a PC standing next to the LCD TV to use Tursi Classic99 on the TV, but use Wireless controllers (PS/4) types, wireless keyboard and mouse

to control everything from a distance wirelessly.

I just got an Intel stick to plug into the HDMI (not tried out yet if it all works with Classic99) and remote tablet to control it (or wireless keyboard and mouse)

(that will hide the PC) and have a TV with a "little USB-device" plugged in :-) (which is a full computer)

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/compute-stick/intel-compute-stick.html

• Like 1

The Intel stick is not powerful enough to run Classic99 at full speed unfortunately based on testing with my own device, which is really too bad. However, there is no issue using js99er with it, so all is not lost :)

Are you saying you can get a decent frame rate out of js99er.net on that thing?

Absolutely. Not a hitch. My usual subjective benchmark is the animated splash screen of Video Chess. It's very sluggish with Classic99 but runs at normal speed with js99er.

More than likely just the video updates, then, that always used to be the issue. :)

Is this fixable?

It just pushes most of the rendering work to the video driver in areas that are not normally exercised, specifically color depth conversion in non-overlay areas. Some drivers do this well, some poorly, but most modern machines are fast enough it stopped mattering. The answer usually was to try other rendering modes (GDI versus DirectX, scaling on or off) and see what was fastest (and run the same bitdepth as Classic99 helped, that's 32-bit nowadays.)

You know you are TI crazy when.

if:

1. You are still running a BBS that supports the TI/Geneve (Heatwave and Hidden Reef sysops!)
  2. You have coded a BBS software and it's being used for #1 above (Insane Multitasker - Handle fits!)
  3. You are actively coding new BBS software in hopes of the 'If you build it they will come philosphy'. - ME
  4. Actively developing new cartridges and hardware for this beast. (many many others fit here - you know who you are)
  5. Someone who prints up bumper stickers, t-shirts, mugs or anything else that will reference the TI)
  6. You jump at the chance to get #5 above when offered to you (ME).

i could go on and on. but I think you all got the idea.

I'm still waiting to see a Tatoo.

• Like 3

The Intel stick is not powerful enough to run Classic99 at full speed unfortunately based on testing with my own device, which is really too bad. However, there is no issue using js99er with it, so all is not lost :)

I agree with Vorticon it is a bit slow (like any other application running on the stick, but I have not had enough time to play with it...

first application installed was Classic99). Video classic99 TI-99/4A on an Intel Compute Stick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQT-RYf74Zo

(PS: I also was focusing on the main goal: "Hey guy's, have you even wondered how you could sneak a TI into the living room without the wife setting fire to it or you?")

Edited by globeron
  • Like 2