IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback Controllers

Draugr

Yes, I think it's the perfect offering for them. They specialize in the type of low production run stuff like this that really wouldn't be worth the effort for a company like AtGames. For all their rough edges, you have to have all the respect in the world for Intellivision Productions doing a fine job of catering to their community. It's a shame there's not the same type of evangelists on the ColecoVision side.

I agree totally and really respect Intellivision Productions for how they work for/with the community. I too would love to see more like this on the CV side.

I also immensely appreciate companies like AtGames in bringing these retro units to the masses, even though for the most part I have the original units, I still pick them all up. I like the fact that companies like AtGames make it possible for newer generations to get a taste of what we all experienced first hand.

My niece will be 5 next month yet last summer I had her over and we played MAME games on my arcade cabinet. She was so excited playing and I was amazed how a 4 yr old could actually do pretty good with the joystick control. Next visit I'll be showing her the 2600 and Colecovision and the great video games we had as kids. If she really enjoys it I may get her the Atari Flashback 6. :)

John

Someone should figure out a way to do a bulk order for PRGE. I bet we could shave a bit off the price if they're not just being sold in 2s and 4s - and we could save a boatload of shipping. Spoke the Canadian, of course :P

I'm trying to figure out a way to refurb 2609s on a decent scale - it's at the point where I'd estimate that close to 50% of original controllers aren't fully repairable - but at close to $50 for just the controllers, there's no way to do it without taking a fairly decent loss. Sucks. I need my own private Chinese factory.

Someone should figure out a way to do a bulk order for PRGE. I bet we could shave a bit off the price if they're not just being sold in 2s and 4s - and we could save a boatload of shipping. Spoke the Canadian, of course :P

I'm trying to figure out a way to refurb 2609s on a decent scale - it's at the point where I'd estimate that close to 50% of original controllers aren't fully repairable - but at close to $50 for just the controllers, there's no way to do it without taking a fairly decent loss. Sucks. I need my own private Chinese factory.

I can't believe they are being sold for $8.49 each. The shipping is the only big cost and that is still small. And with the adapter these are better controllers than the originals as the buttons were too hard to press.

Back in the 80's to get a replacement controller they cost $30. and with inflation and all how much would that be today? Probably $50.

Yes, great idea for the Expo where everyone can gather and pick them up while they are already there! Buy as many as you want and shipping is covered as you already shipped yourself there! :)

I can't believe they are being sold for $8.49 each. The shipping is the only big cost and that is still small. And with the adapter these are better controllers than the originals as the buttons were too hard to press.

Back in the 80's to get a replacement controller they cost $30. and with inflation and all how much would that be today? Probably $50.

Well, the Flashback itself, which comes with 2 controllers, the console, and a tremendous number of licensed games costs what, $40 retail? Back in the 80s a console with 50+ games would cost thousands. With inflation even more.

Electronic stuff is simply much cheaper to manufacture these days.

• Like 1

Did anyone else get their controllers ordered on the first day they became available. I checked the status of mine and it's been in the pre-shipment phase since 2/26...

I haven't looked and I am in no hurry. The spare phone batteries I ordered from Samsung on January 22nd have not yet arrived so I am not going to worry about last week's controller order from Intellivision Productions. I heard a rumor that some controller-only orders have shipped but controller+adapter orders have not.

Mine was a controller only order and it hasn't shipped, but I am not worried at this point.

Mine was as well. I figured they must of had a big order so it will just take some time. These are going to be backups for my Ultimate Intellivision Flashback so no worries here either.

Edited by atarifan88

I'm speechless.

I think we need to make Eric's thread a pinned one. So that everyone knows what happens when you order on day one.

Well for the record, I ordered those overlays on day one and had no problem getting them. Yes there was a delay, but I got an email pretty early telling me they were going to be late. Please don't turn this into one of those threads. The difference here is I was just inquiring, not complaining.

I ordered mine (4 controllers) that first day and they arrived on Monday.

Check that. I ordered my 4 controllers on Thursday the 25th and got them Tuesday the 29th according to the tracking info I just checked. I could swear it was Monday though. Either way, was a quick turn around time.

Edited by Draugr