IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback Controllers

Draugr

Both of my controllers arrived together in a US postal cardboard envelope and we're individually bubble wrapped. Not a scratch on either and they were a pretty snug fit inside the packaging. While that may not sound like a lot of protection, it would take a pretty heavy object falling on top of such a package to crack one of the controller shells or damage the keypads.

I understand the desire of some to see these arrive in a box but I think the price point these are selling at makes them a bargain and extra shipping costs like boxes and added postage wouldn't really insure the quality enough to justify the increase in price that would result. They should be fine as long as each controller is in its own bubble wrap as Keith said.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

My original INTV controllers have suddenly gone wonky, after the console sat for about 2 or 3 (???) years without me touching it.

I see this thread, get excited, and although I realize I don't know how I'm going to get them connected to my original INTV with hard-wired controllers, I figure there must be a way. So I look on the website and the controllers ain't even listed anymore! Boo!!!! But I didn't know they made the adapters! (I'm clueless.) What a nice surprise!

post-16281-0-22156700-1513863777_thumb.jpg

That was really cool (the Intellvision store) to make something like this! Just what I needed. Now it's off to find a leftover INTV Flashback online. Gee, the prices have risen sharply on those things. I should have bought a truckload when Walmart clearanced them out at $15 a couple years ago. Since I already had the real thing with a good composite mod, I never thought I'd need one. Doh!

But I'm so glad to see the adapters! The INTV scene truly has some innovative, ambitious people working for it.

• Like 2

Those adapter cables are supplied by atariage user Nurmix. You can contact him directly if you prefer.

Did you try contacting Intellivision Productions about more controllers. They might be temporarily out of stock.

What's wrong with your old controllers; maybe they can be fixed. Either way, having backup controllers is not a bad idea.

Edit:

If you're a little patient you should be able to find an Intellivision Flashback for US$20 to US$30. The buy it now prices are too high.

Edited by mr_me

My original INTV controllers have suddenly gone wonky, after the console sat for about 2 or 3 (???) years without me touching it.

I see this thread, get excited, and although I realize I don't know how I'm going to get them connected to my original INTV with hard-wired controllers, I figure there must be a way. So I look on the website and the controllers ain't even listed anymore! Boo!!!! But I didn't know they made the adapters! (I'm clueless.) What a nice surprise!

attachicon.gifAdapter Cable.jpg

That was really cool (the Intellvision store) to make something like this! Just what I needed. Now it's off to find a leftover INTV Flashback online. Gee, the prices have risen sharply on those things. I should have bought a truckload when Walmart clearanced them out at $15 a couple years ago. Since I already had the real thing with a good composite mod, I never thought I'd need one. Doh!

But I'm so glad to see the adapters! The INTV scene truly has some innovative, ambitious people working for it.

Did you also know that you can rewire the Flashback controllers to the original controllers. In just a little time and a soldering iron (along with a steady hand).

If you want a diagram on how to please PM me.

Thanks,

HJ

Now it's off to find a leftover INTV Flashback online. Gee, the prices have risen sharply on those things. I should have bought a truckload when Walmart clearanced them out at $15 a couple years ago. Since I already had the real thing with a good composite mod, I never thought I'd need one. Doh!

If you're a little patient you should be able to find an Intellivision Flashback for US$20 to US$30. The buy it now prices are too high.

I use Offer Up and Let Go to locate Inty Flashbacks and they can usually be found for $10 - $20 each.

Not sure how close you are to Nashville, but here is one for $10

https://offerup.com/item/detail/286119993/