IGNORED

IEC Cable Company for TI Cables

Shift838

I was quite satisfied with the stuff I have ordered.

The only thing I complained about on the PEB extension cable was the plate acting as a gender-switcher was not in one piece, but came in 2 pieces.

It appeared like being broken. The support then said it is shipped like that, because there is no dedicated 40(?) pin plate they could use, so they need to cut it down to the needed pin size.

This was rather not satisfying because it affects the stability of the connection a bit.

What I can really recommend is the Dual Disk Drive installation setup they sell, which allows you to install two half disk drives without any hardware mods on the PEB.

I think to remember that I did report about my Dual Disk Drive Installation with photos on some thread in this forum.

• Like 1

I was quite satisfied with the stuff I have ordered.

The only thing I complained about on the PEB extension cable was the plate acting as a gender-switcher was not in one piece, but came in 2 pieces.

What I can really recommend is the Dual Disk Drive installation setup they sell, which allows you to install two half disk drives without any hardware mods on the PEB.

I think to remember that I did report about my Dual Disk Drive Installation with photos on some thread in this forum.

Yes, the original thread is what caused me to order from them a few weeks ago. Fast service AND I think they have changed the cable as it is no longer in two pieces on the gender changer.

The disk drive install works VERY nicely. Very very good quality and fast service. Highly recommended

I've bought a lot of cables from them through the years--and the fact that they keep getting TI users buying cables from them is a good reason to keep them available. They are just about the only true commercial vendor of things TI left out there (not counting those of us who do things from a hobby standpoint or the eBay sellers who specialize in TI stuff). It's all good. Long live anyone who provides reasonable support for our wonderful hobby machine! :)