IGNORED

Intellivision games on the COLECO CHAMELEON

Rev

There are many reason for homebrew games to be made for classic systems like Atari 2600, Intellivision, ColecoVision, etc. Thousands of people have these systems and still use them. When the production run is anywhere from 20-200 carts, they can sell out easily, and make a profit.

But when something like the RetroVGS/Chameleon has a business model where they need to sell carts in the thousands to make a profit or break even, that is never going to happen.

It is easy to sell a $50 or $60 homebrew game to someone who already owns a 2600 or INTV. Its difficult to get people to buy the new console, and developers won't make games for a system that has no users. And users won't buy a console that has no games. Retro VGS Inc. were never going to sell thousands of copies of their games, and they would have lost a lot of money and had truckloads of unsold games. There plan was not to make 20-200 cart production runs. There plan was to sell thousands of games, which would have never happened. Speaking for myself, I already have so many retro consoles, I don't need another one. I can play Donkey Kong or Pac Man or whatever on half a dozen consoles I own, or use one of several emulation options I have.

This all assumes that they had a working console, which they never did.