IGNORED

Sega Game Gear w/new caps and McWill VGA LCD Screen

cowdog360

I just completed restoring a few Game Gears, and am selling one that is completely ready to go. It has a new high quality Nichicon/Panasonic capacitors, and the new McWill VGA LCD screen. If you haven't seen one, you'll be amazing, it makes the Game Gear what it was meant to be.

Since this is a used system, the body has a few minors scratches and scuffs. It does have the original hard plastic LCD lens cover, which has some minor scratching (I polished a lot out with Novus 3, 2, 1). I opted to not put one of the eBay style replace lens covers on it becuase they are a soft plastic and are generally cloudy and don't hold up as well. Since they're cheap, you can always change it out later if the stock one bothers you.

The McWill Mod features various screen size settings and scanline options. I did not install a VGA port on this.

Asking $210 plus shipping in the United States please.

Batteries and games NOT included. Does include the two battery doors.

P2280257_zpstljqtv6n.jpg

P2280255_zpsezvnqiii.jpg

P2280260_zpsp93li0tt.jpg

P2280258_zpsgg0fnnxn.jpg

P2280262_zpsj6ron7lp.jpg

P2280266_zpsllqtz0ip.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

do you add the LCD to the game gear just to make it better or is this generally intended to repair units with broken screens. I think I have 4 or 5 lying around(and a couple of Nomads). I rarely play them but I have never had any problems with the screens. Or any problems for that matter.

Do the screens wear out with age like my poor old Microvision LCD?

(btw, got anything I can put in a Microvision with LCD rot? :) )

The new LCD can be used both as a replacement or an improvement, and believe me it is a huge improvement.

Regarding screen rot, I don't think the originals have that as bad as the microvision, but they don't seem to hold up that great over time either.

Sadly, no microvision replacements exist yet!