IGNORED

colecovision cart issues

hawkstar1973

You do have a few pins at the center that are too far out. You can use a very small screw driver like tool to push them in a little bit but as nanochess mentioned, be ready for the possibility of having to replace the connector.

Start with the basics.. CPU's and BIOs chip are pretty rare to go out, RAM chips and power switch always seem to go. Check power supply voltage though, probe the female end from the brick, you should get Ground, +12, +5 and -5 volts.

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

bought a colecovision on ebay, seller states carts wont read, but unit powers on ok. noticing pins in center are pushed back a but. could that be the issue? if so, jut gently pull forward with a pair of tweezers, right?

having had some experience of blackness from my french rgb model, it was the 2 ram chips next to the cartridge port in the end, you should try to get thses replaced first, these chips are quirte expensive though even on ebay.

unfortunately it wasnt the complete solution for my french system as although it works the video signal it outputs is far from pristine :( its none of the chips on the main board as i have replaced the lot with sockets and new so im going to try the transisters next to see if i have a dodgey one of those